Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
Elane Lewis

Default Resident Evil Template

I'm trying to find a Template for modifying Resident Evil to the Gurps system, so far I've found a D20 system mod for it, but I'd rather find one that is already made for the Gurps system. I know one existed at some point, but it was a good six months ago and my link no longer works. Thanks in advance for help, guys!
Elane Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Resident Evil Template

Moved to the GURPS forum.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
PPoS

I've done a few Resident Evil monsters; the T-002 Tyrant, the Licker, Zombies and some G-Virus monstrosities.
PPoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
Elane Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPoS View Post
I've done a few Resident Evil monsters; the T-002 Tyrant, the Licker, Zombies and some G-Virus monstrosities.

Would you happen to have them in a PDF you'd be willing to let me use? It'd be a great help just to have the monsters. Setting and maps are pretty easy(ier) to knock out.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
Ragitsu
Banned

Aren't crows and Cerebri going to be godly due to their speed and size modifier?
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
Elane Lewis

I'd judge them to be a "Run Away" type. But then normal humans in a Zombie setting SHOULD be running away. Chris and Leon have gotten to the point where normal zombies are nothing, but to a normal human? Large group that's well supplied is still going to run out of ammo before too long.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
Ragitsu
Banned

Zombies are kind of easy, because most are slow and can only walk. Even groups shouldn't be difficult unless one is truly dense and/or immobile. Molotov cocktails (High-Tech) can help as well.

A few more trouble monsters I can think of, off the top of my head: Crimson Heads (super fast, strong and DURABLE), Leechmen (stupidly resilient and strong coupled with Reach. Probably the most dangerous "standard" enemy), Hunters (especially Gamma variety, which can swallow a man whole), Lickers (wallcrawling coupled with excellent Reach), Chimeras (as Lickers, but faster and less reach), and Giant Spiders.

Interesting thought though: do runner zombies need to make a DX roll as they run up/down stairs, or are they assumed to be agile enough? Resident Evil REmake skirts the issue by having static backgrounds with 3D zombies, so their feet "skate" along the ground.

If you're going with Injury Tolerance (Unliving) for the zombies, you may want to lower their HP, as they may end up being "too" durable versus 9x19mm Parabellum. The stronger zombies can have normal or above HP as needed.

Last edited by Ragitsu; 06-10-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #8
Elane Lewis

The standard Gurps Zombie actually gets an HP bonus, which is just crazy to me. I've played against the Magical Type in a game and they take forever to take out, even if they're are only a couple. I think for the standard Zombie, I'll just use the Rotting Undead Temp, it much less likely to eat my unwary party of normal humans. Mostly I'm trying to find if anyone has Templates for the more butch monsters, Tyrants and Cerberus and the like, as I'd like to be able to mix it up a little bit rather than just throwing shamblers at them every time they turn a corner.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #9
Ragitsu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elane Lewis View Post
Mostly I'm trying to find if anyone has Templates for the more butch monsters, Tyrants and Cerberus and the like, as I'd like to be able to mix it up a little bit rather than just throwing shamblers at them every time they turn a corner.
Sorry, I don't have any. But, seeing as how i've been wanting to convert some Resident Evil 0 stuff over to GURPS (including the train), i'd be willing to work with you on this.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
Elane Lewis

Well right now I'm trying to figure out how to make the Cerberus just scary enough (Because by rights they should be.) without being so scary and mean that if you turn a corner into three of them it's time to write up new characters. I figure fairly high Strength, Decent Dex and Low IQ, as well as the normal dead things bonuses like "Injury Tolerance" as well as "Sharp Teeth" and Sharp or Blunt Claws. I really am amazed there's not a "Contagious" Add or Dis-Add.

Tags
game, resident evil