Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 07-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #1
Blue Ghost

Default Limousines

So, I remember rules for limos in ADQ, and even a top down pic of one in that same issue, but were there ever any actual limo counters published for the old game?

Does anyone know?
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
MazeMonster
Banned

Default Re: Limousines

Rothschild Auto Works might have a few.
MazeMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:26 AM   #3
owenmp

Rules for 25' limousines were published as a variant in ADQ 5/1. Limousine counters were not published in any Car Wars product.

In 2018, there are many different lengths of limousines, therefore as a variant custom construction rules for the vehicles would be recommended for campaigns.

If you can find top-down views of limousines on the Web, you might be able to create custom counters using graphics software.

I have seen several car counter sets for multiple tabletop games that have photographs of real-world cars. DriveThruRPG had some of those sets a few years ago. I do not believe they had limousines, however.

Over 10 years ago, I remember seeing photos on the Web of a limousine based on a Lamborghini Countach. There have also been limousines based on civilian Hummers.
Twitter: Car Combat Central
https://twitter.com/carcombat
owenmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
Blue Ghost

Interesting, I thought I saw a top down pic in that issue for a limo. Oh well. I guess I was mistaken.

The Lamborghini Limousine is called the Lambo Aventador. I saw a video just now called "cars for stars" with some really annoying music.

Curious stuff.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #5
adm

To be fair, when Car Wars came out, and through most of it's heyday, Limousines were well fitted out up scale four door cars, often with a stretched middle. In the U.S., Lincolns, of Cadillacs. In Western Europe Mercedes, BMWs, Bentleys or Rolls Royces. The widely available stretch Hummers, Lamborghinis etc. didn't really start until the late 1990s and early 2000s.

There was a huge Lincoln type black car in the small plastic box set that would have fit a 1980's style Limousine.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:05 PM   #6
kjamma4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
Interesting, I thought I saw a top down pic in that issue for a limo. Oh well. I guess I was mistaken.
Mailer cover perhaps?
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:39 PM   #7
Blue Ghost

Maybe, I don't know. I had it in my head that I saw a top down view of a limo counter, but I guess that was just me inventing a memory or something …. whatever. It's not that important, but I was curious.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:01 AM   #8
swordtart

The simplest method would be to use one of the CW Counter PDFs, make an image of the counters as a bitmap and then stretch it in one direction only by 50%. Thus you could get a decent variety.

The small distortions would be fairly unnoticeable.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:20 AM   #9
sn0wball

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm View Post
To be fair, when Car Wars came out, and through most of it's heyday, Limousines were well fitted out up scale four door cars, often with a stretched middle. In the U.S., Lincolns, of Cadillacs. In Western Europe Mercedes, BMWs, Bentleys or Rolls Royces. The widely available stretch Hummers, Lamborghinis etc. didn't really start until the late 1990s and early 2000s.
Erich Honecker, the last leader of the late GDR, had a Volvo stretch limo in the1980ies.