Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-12-2010, 12:44 AM   #21
fschiff

Default Re: [Powers] Shapeshifting Others

Thor Frog of Thunder.
fschiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:01 AM   #22
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Yeah. That kinda balances out with toads having fewer predators and better environmental adaptivity. In the short term [because who wants to be either one for long?], the frog form will often be a more useful buff.
It's hard to argue with things like "doesn't require a body of very clean water available on a regular basis to live" and "has toxic skin glands" on a species level, but knowing that the monster that ate you might die in a few hours later is cold comfort to most adventurers, and PCs generally don't plan on being polymorphed into a small amphibian long enough to notice the drying-out problem ;)

I can think of situations where toad forms would be more useful for the PC, but all in all I suspect PCs would get more milage out of "tree frog" or "leopard frog".

Incidentally, I take giant frogs quite seriously after keeping frogs as a kid. They've got big mouths and big stomachs and indiscriminate appetites; you also have to be hardcore to swallow someone and then punch them a few times to subdue them, rather than the other way around... Never mind the classic problem of going to bed with three frogs, and waking up with one, larger frog that isn't very hungry.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #23
The Whiner Knight

Well, hey now, some toads can shoot hallucinogens out of their eye sockets. That's worth 15 points of anyone's wages.

(Sorry for the thread resurrection here: I was trying to see if adding Extended Duration to an Affliction was valid.)

"When the human race is clocked on the stopwatch of history, it's a new record every time."
The Whiner Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #24
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Whiner Knight
(Sorry for the thread resurrection here: I was trying to see if adding Extended Duration to an Affliction was valid.)
It absolutely is, BTW. That might be the most common use for the enhancement.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #25
Henchman99942

Can the target of shapeshift other(horse) be a grasshopper? OK, maybe not a grashopper, but how about a rat? Or some intelligentish animal that is cheap and be used to make a lost cost horse? How about a dog?

How about if you cast it on a horse and shapeshift it into a horse? The you can effectively steal a horse because it would not look like the same horse you started with.

And do ALL the targets of this spell, shapeshift other(horse) end up looking exactly the same? Do they all have the same color pattern? Are they all the same subspecies of horse? Could they be ponies or riding horses or draft horses? Is shapeshift other(donkey) and shapeshift other(zebra) different spells? How about shapeshift other(mule)?

Specifics, Bob
Henchman99942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kromm answer, shapeshifting