Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:50 AM   #1
Izzy_B

Default After action report: JIGG Tokyo Akihabara, January 30, 2019

Most of the young folks were busy with their eurogames and JJ my usual opponent didnt make it today. A Japanese young man was curious but was already confused by the time I got to attack/defense so he bowed out as did a Japanese woman who was also curious but found the rules a bit daunting. Fortunately for me a young man stationed here with the US Army expressed interest and we got in a game of basic Mk III attack.

He picked up on the mechanics pretty quickly but picked an odd mix of armor and layout for his defense and put his command post a bit too far forward. My Mk III did a run up the far left side and he just couldn't get enough defense in place in time to prevent me from taking the command post.
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:08 PM   #2
DarkPumpkin

Default Re: After action report: JIGG Tokyo Akihabara, January 30, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy_B View Post
A Japanese young man was curious but was already confused by the time I got to attack/defense
Funny, I have had the pleasure of teaching Ogre lately to a couple of total non-gamers and they have picked up the rules very easily...wonder what confused him? Language problems perhaps?
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote