Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 12-16-2015, 11:13 AM   #601
Donovan

Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
379. No longer allowed to rickroll the moon rats!
this needs a 379(A) At the same time, don't rickroll your teams mates but, you should never give them up, never let them down, and never run around and desert them.
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:15 AM   #602
Nereidalbel

381. No matter how many layers of Cosmic are on Snatcher, I may not pull SCP 343. Or 862. Or any of them, for that matter...

Last edited by Nereidalbel; 12-17-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:29 AM   #603
Irish Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
No matter how many layers of Cosmic are on Snatcher, I may not pull SPC 343. Or 862. Or any of them, for that matter...
Well, given that SCP-862 is a ten-meter-square area in a given city (that turns materials, from paper to wood to stone, into mobile rat statues), I'm not sure why you'd want to steal it in the first place. (Stealing SCP-343, who may or may not be God, is a tad problematic - the last researcher to disparage Him disappeared so thoroughly that nobody remembers him and only one record even mentions him.)

OTOH, yeah, I wouldn't want to try to swipe any of the SCP items either. They tend to be a lot more trouble than they could ever possibly be worth - and what happens if you accidentally wind up with 682? Or 173? Or unleashing the Thing that lives on the other side of 093??

If you break the laws of God, you go to Hell.

If you break the laws of Physics, you go to Sweden and receive a Nobel Prize.
Irish Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #604
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Wolf View Post
Well, given that SCP-862 is a ten-meter-square area in a given city (that turns materials, from paper to wood to stone, into mobile rat statues), I'm not sure why you'd want to steal it in the first place. (Stealing SCP-343, who may or may not be God, is a tad problematic - the last researcher to disparage Him disappeared so thoroughly that nobody remembers him and only one record even mentions him.)

OTOH, yeah, I wouldn't want to try to swipe any of the SCP items either. They tend to be a lot more trouble than they could ever possibly be worth - and what happens if you accidentally wind up with 682? Or 173? Or unleashing the Thing that lives on the other side of 093??
Because it would make things more interesting. And ending up with 682 would be awesome! "Yo, I got you out of that acid tank. So, uh, go have some fun or something!" 173 wouldn't really be dangerous in a city, though...

093 is something I would stick into somebody's hands, then shove them into a mirrored surface. I wonder if still water counts as a mirror when pushing somebody into their own reflection!
Old 12-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #605
Irish Wolf

Oh, yeah, 682 would be... interesting, all right. :) It hates all organic life with a passion, it has no concept of gratitude, and it can adapt to anything used to kill it, including other SCPs. The only reason they haven't tried to nuke it is because of the high probability that they'd wind up with a sentient hate-filled lizard with superhuman strength and speed that is now immune to fusion explosions.

"I rescued you from the tank of acid - go have fun!"

"BY WAY OF THANKS, I WILL KILL YOU QUICKLY."

That may lead us to a new entry:

381. I am not allowed to use the SCP wiki as a Monster Manual.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #606
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Wolf View Post
Oh, yeah, 682 would be... interesting, all right. :) It hates all organic life with a passion, it has no concept of gratitude, and it can adapt to anything used to kill it, including other SCPs. The only reason they haven't tried to nuke it is because of the high probability that they'd wind up with a sentient hate-filled lizard with superhuman strength and speed that is now immune to fusion explosions.

"I rescued you from the tank of acid - go have fun!"

"BY WAY OF THANKS, I WILL KILL YOU QUICKLY."

That may lead us to a new entry:

381. I am not allowed to use the SCP wiki as a Monster Manual.
No, it just regenerates from everything, and only gains immunity to poisons, diseases, and SCP's that act like diseases/poisons. Dunking it in acid seems to work consistently, and it's just really, really hard to hide the use of a nuke.

I wonder how much The World Without Man would affect 682.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:39 PM   #607
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
No, it just regenerates from everything, and only gains immunity to poisons, diseases, and SCP's that act like diseases/poisons. Dunking it in acid seems to work consistently, and it's just really, really hard to hide the use of a nuke.

I wonder how much The World Without Man would affect 682.
It adapts to other damage sources. Sending it to the sun gave it the power to fly and it returned angry...and on fire.

Shooting out its eyes while having it in the room with the weeping angel Boo from Super Mario ugly lump of clay caused it to grow bulletproof eyes.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:56 PM   #608
Irish Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply Nathan View Post
It adapts to other damage sources. Sending it to the sun gave it the power to fly and it returned angry...and on fire.

Shooting out its eyes while having it in the room with the weeping angel Boo from Super Mario ugly lump of clay caused it to grow bulletproof eyes.
Multiple bulletproof eyes, all over its body, so that it could see 173 at all times.

Cutting it in half with a laser resulted in two 682s. One of them later consumed the other, reassimilating the mass. Its skin then developed mirror spots whenever hit with a laser.

It adapts to any attempts to kill it. Even the acid bath has to be kept circulating to prevent its adapting the acid into its own form.

Old 12-19-2015, 02:10 PM   #609
Disliker of the mary sue

382: Just becauce the game feels like an elder scrolls games doesn't mean my character can install mods into the universe. So no duel wielding key blades and light sabers.
Disliker of the mary sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:23 PM   #610
Disliker of the mary sue

383: the grappling rules are not a gm tool to punish player who annoy you.
Disliker of the mary sue is offline   Reply With Quote