Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #1
Toaster

Default "It's ok! I had another guy" [Extra Lives]

For those of you who read Ctrl+Alt+Delete. The recent reboot of the story line has reintroduced the characters as super heroes.
And 'Analog' Ethan has the power of "Infinite Continues" that he demonstrates several times over the course of a few pages, my favorite being his Dramatic Entrance.

Clearly these boys are not unlimitedly high point value characters he isn't just throwing 25 points out the window every time, so my question is how would you build this ability?

My first thought was to take [DR25 +80% Absorption(Extra Life)][270] [Extra Life 1][25]
maybe throw some other modifiers in to bring the cost down, but the idea being, to allow you to "burn off" your Bonus CP to activate an extra life without changing your point total.

Please discuss, and present other ideas if you have them.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
NineDaysDead
Banned

Default Re: "It's ok! I had another guy" [Extra Lives]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
For those of you who read Ctrl+Alt+Delete. The recent reboot of the story line has reintroduced the characters as super heroes.
And 'Analog' Ethan has the power of "Infinite Continues" that he demonstrates several times over the course of a few pages, my favorite being his Dramatic Entrance.

Clearly these boys are not unlimitedly high point value characters he isn't just throwing 25 points out the window every time, so my question is how would you build this ability?

My first thought was to take [DR25 +80% Absorption(Extra Life)][270] [Extra Life 1][25]
maybe throw some other modifiers in to bring the cost down, but the idea being, to allow you to "burn off" your Bonus CP to activate an extra life without changing your point total.

Please discuss, and present other ideas if you have them.
Why not just use: Regeneration: Extreme (unkillable only -40%) [90]; Unkillable 3 (mortal -?20?%) [120]
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
Toaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead View Post
Why not just use: Regeneration: Extreme (unkillable only -40%) [90]; Unkillable 3 (mortal -?20?%) [120]
Ok, I like and understand the Regen+unkillable, but could you tell me a bit about the (mortal -20%) on Unkillable, My search so far has only shown a (moral -20%) as a _Power Modifier. But this looks to be a cheaper point buy.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
McAllister

I forget where Mortal is from, but it essentially removes the ability of Unkillable 1 from Unkillable 2 or 3. Honestly, I don't see why they have Unkillable 1 as a bundle to begin with.
McAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #5
Varyon

Quote:
Yep, this is pretty much it. He's also got a Perk so that his outfit (and gear, but those are probably Powers of some type) is also restored. I think "Mortal" is typically written "No Unkillable 1," although the former is a good deal more wieldy.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #6
Toaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAllister View Post
I forget where Mortal is from, but it essentially removes the ability of Unkillable 1 from Unkillable 2 or 3. Honestly, I don't see why they have Unkillable 1 as a bundle to begin with.
Ok, that sounds reasonable enough that I should get an ok from the GM.
It still has a minimum down-time of 6 seconds during a fight but that will do the job.

Last edited by Toaster; 11-26-2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 11-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #7
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
Ok, that sounds reasonable enough that I should get an ok from the GM.
It still has a minimum down-time of 6 seconds during a fight but that will do the job.
Maximum down time of 6 seconds. If you die at
-1XHP then it only takes 2 seconds to recover. If you want to recover faster, take HP+10 (Healing only -¿80?%) [4] to heal at 20 HP per second.

Last edited by NineDaysDead; 11-26-2014 at 03:55 PM.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #8
Toaster

Quote:
Maximum down time of 6 seconds. If you die at
-1XHP then it only takes 2 seconds to recover. If you want to recover faster, take HP+10 (Healing only -¿80?%) [4] to heal at 20 HP per second.
Looks great. Thank you for the min/max correction. And the boost to 20HP/s healing. Could be very entertaining.

Tags
extra life, resurrection