Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #41
Sriseru

Default Re: [IC] The Fall

You walk along the tube for over an hour and, although you do not come across any maintenance hatch, you can see through the windows that you're getting closer to a large city. You also spot a mountainous forest in the distance.

You can probably assume by now that if you do not find any other exit along the way then there certainly will be one at the city. However, as you get closer you can make out several smoke trails emanating from it.

Do you still want to continue your trek along the tube towards the city?
Sriseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #42
samd6

"If the smoke is blowing this way, that means there has to be a source of air up ahead. I think we should keep going."
Old 12-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #43
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

a city will have food in it!

Occ: the player in me screams to go back and hammer the food dispensor open. And stay well away from the crowds of refugees in the city. I can't think of why he would think that though.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #44
Poonbahbah

Kilrathi just keeps walking not saying anything about how people will probably want to hold onto what food they have considering THE CITY IS ON FIRE* implying the bad things here are worse there.

OOC
@ Eric: Oh no you forgot quotation marks! Again! At least I assume you were talking.
*If I read Sriseru right there's smoke rising from the city not in the tunnel.
Hammer it open with what? Plus since it's a foodfac I think that means it holds the food stuffs as discrete elements that it puts together in a facsimile of the real thing once an order has been made. GM feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and Kilrathi knows how they work.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #45
Sriseru

[OOC: @samd6, the smoke is rising from the city and is not inside the tunnel. I apologize for not making that more clear. @Poonbahbah, I will neither admit nor deny what you might find if you do manage to get a foodfac open. ;) @Everyone, since all of your characters seem to want to head onward to the city, I will assume that you keep going.]

It takes you nearly another hour of walking, and although you have yet to find an exit, you eventually reach the city.

The city is full of tall, metallic skyscrapers which for the most part block your view. But as you get closer, you realize that you can't actually see any fires in the area, despite the many trails of smoke rising from the streets. However, from the elevated position of the vactrain tube, you're finally able to make out the source of the smoke.

On the city streets below, you see millions of air cars which must have fallen from the skies. The cars now litter the streets, and the impacts of the falls must have caused some internal fires, since most of them are producing a lot of smoke.

Among the air car wreckages are a large mass of probably millions of people, all wandering about, seemingly searching for something.

Several yards ahead of you, you can see an ending to the vactrain tube with an opening that looks like it leads to a station.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #46
Poonbahbah

Pausing at the sight Kilrathi says, "If not for the complete lack of food and water in here I'd want to turn around. Well I'm thinking we head out of town before things get worse down there. We might be able to live off the land."
Old 01-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #47
samd6

"We can at least look for supplies, someplace"
Old 01-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #48
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"just like everyone else! And we're late to the search! We were better off trying to get into the food fac or out the window!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:07 AM   #49
Sriseru

Kilrathi, you take note of the land surrounding the city, most of which is grassland with several hills and valleys. There's that forest a bit away from the opposite end of the city, as well as the big river you saw back the way you came from.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #50
Poonbahbah

"And you were going to accomplish either of those tasks how exactly? It would not of been better to stay there. I do agree about being late to the search. Never mind that we'd have no real idea of where to search. Better to get out before things turn nasty I think. There's that river a ways back so we'd at least have water. We could probably scrounge some backpacks and knives and such in city on the way out. Not sure what else would be good to take."

Tags
the fall