Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 06-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Danox3

Default Re: Cleric question

Sorry, I thought it was a class mechanics question suitable from a new player. Thanks for the the info.
Danox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #12
Sabin

Also, remember that you have to discard a card to resurrect! So this cycle you described can continue as long as you both have cards to discard, or until someone chooses to cover it with a non-monster Door card, like Andrew stated.

The mechanical aspect of the question is totally appropriate, but since Munchkin is designed to be played with 3-6 players, any scenario requiring 2 players (or more than 6) would be a "house rule". Questions involving such house rules are discussed in the Munchkin forum, since they tend to be more complex and could involve mechanics and interactions far more complex than is appropriate for a "101" type forum.

That said, we could just say we have three Clerics and all three are resurrecting that poor, embattled Level 2 monster!

Last edited by Sabin; 06-18-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Corrected error on how Resurrect works.
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #13
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
Also, remember that you have to discard a card to resurrect the top discard from the appropriate deck: Doors for Doors, and Treasures for Treasures. So this cycle you described can continue as long as you both have Doors to discard, or until someone chooses to cover it with a non-monster Door card, like Andrew stated.
You don't have to discard a Door to take a card from the top of the Door discards. It is correct that one can only resurrect cards from the appropriate discard pile, which means that when drawing a face-up Door card, one can only take a card from the Door discard pile, but that doesn't mean that one must discard cards that match the discard pile you're taking from.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #14
Sabin

Wow! After a re-read, I stand corrected!

When I first started with Munchkin, it was one of the first classes I got, and before my group really learned how to interpret the card language. We had read it as though the whole resurrection had to be homogeneous, but were clearly mistaken. The Cleric (and its Epic version) just got a lot more powerful in our game!

I'll edit my error, to prevent confusion (but leave the quote unedited, so others may avoid the same mistake?).
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleric