Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
greenrave

Default Cleric Resurrection

The Resurrection ability says "When it it time for you to draw cards face-up, you may instead take some or all from the top of the appropriate discard pile."

In this context, does kicking down the door count as drawing a card face-up? To me it is obvious what this means, because there are a very limited amount of times you would ever draw treasure face-up, and other than kicking down the door, you never see face-up door cards. If Resurrection doesn't count for door cards, this ability is basically useless, especially given that you don't get to look through the discards--just take the one on top.

FYI, this would have made the difference between me finally beating my big sister at something and me losing 7 levels because I lost to the Ghoulfiends.
greenrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Cleric Resurrection

It absolutely works for kicking down the door. Like you said, there seem to be very few times you get face-up cards. In case you're in need of further info, you can search the forums for "resurrection" and you'll find a lot of deeper delving into this card. I will state, that no matter what, you can't use this ability to take more than the number of cards you were supposed to, so when you're kicking down the door, you can only take one card. I.e., you can't dig up that card you want that's 2 or 3 down in the discard pile. It comes up a lot, so I'm always proactive about that issue. :-)
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
greenrave

Default Re: Cleric Resurrection

That's exactly how I felt. Thanks a bunch!

I scanned the first page and didn't see anything about clerics, but I should probably have done a search. I'm just a little lazy.
greenrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleric, cleric resurrection, discards, kicking down the door, resurrection