Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
ErhnamDJ

Default [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell OOC

THE CHARACTERS:

Current characters:
Michelle - Wizard - Played by Poonbahbah
Dorli - Holy Warrior - Played by Dorin Thorha
Erion - Swashbuckler - Played by ZmbeHntr
Faenor- Mystic Archer - Played by cltchrn
Jorrik Harrisson- Mystic Knight - Played by Jovus
Greviel- Swashbuckler - Played by zoncxs
John - Druid - played by Momothefiddler

MIA:
Athelard - Thief - Sometimes played by Talosian -- Currently MIA, presumed dead
Scurra - Martial Artist - Played by Epic Kobold
Elmaeth - Scout - Played by Harry O'Gane

Character Icons.

We will be doing a little metagaming here for character creation. Here is the setup: the characters will be waking up unaware in Hell. You, the players, need to know this ahead of time, or else you might make characters that don't function correctly in Hell. You don't know what happened, but you just woke up and you are in Hell. The characters do not know each other. You are waking up with all of your equipment.

That is all of the metagame information I am giving you. So nyah!

All characters use one of the templates found in Dungeon Fantasy. Either in one of the Dungeon Fantasy books, or in Pyramid (I have them all--feel free to play a Mystic Knight!). That is a 250 point template (which actually costs a total of 300 points, but whatever), with -50 points in disadvantages, and -5 points in quirks. The disadvantages may be any found in the Dungeon Delver's Cheat Sheet in DF 1, not only those found listed on the templates. Points from quirks can be spent on advantages, skills, or anything else not found on your template, but which is listed under Dungeon Delver's Cheat Sheet in DF 1. Also, any technique found in Basic Set or Martial Arts may be purchased with points from quirks. Purchase of all Power-Ups is restricted to in-play purchases from earned character points.

Some special considerations:

Templates:
Spoiler:  

Races:
Spoiler:  

Advantages:
Spoiler:  

Any questions?

Last edited by ErhnamDJ; 11-13-2012 at 10:22 AM.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Poonbahbah

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell OOC

A Wizard
Spoiler:  

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 11-09-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
ErhnamDJ

You can play whichever you like. The only suggestion I have is to maybe wait and see what others would like to play and base it on that. If no one else wants to play a martial character of any sort, then it might make more sense to go with the Martial Artist.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Dorin Thorha

I've been playing too many cheeky scoundrels lately. I feel like playing a brute in this one. The kind of guy whose first thought on waking up would be to raise an eyebrow and think "Guess it's gonna be one of those days" before rolling over for a few more winks.
Two questions:

1) I take it from the intro that this is a rather D&D-esque "Hell", that is, a separate plane of existence inhabited largely by Evil creatures and dead people? Where is the dial set on the spectrum between serious and silly?

2) Is magic gear available, and if so under what conditions (since we can be Very Wealthy...)?
Old 06-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
1) I take it from the intro that this is a rather D&D-esque "Hell", that is, a separate plane of existence inhabited largely by Evil creatures and dead people?
That's right. There are many places that could be described as 'Hell' and they're all smushed together cosmologically. Meaning you could, in theory, travel on foot from one great demon's domain to another's. Though that might require swimming through a river of acid a hundred miles across.

Quote:
Where is the dial set on the spectrum between serious and silly?
Hmm...

Somewhere between 1 and 11. :)

I'm trying to be as serious as I can with this, which isn't much at all. A cross between Doom in terms of violence, and the Hell from Dragon Ball Z in terms of the seriousness of its inhabitants.

My goal will be trying to make this place look strange. This is not a place of humans. It was not designed for your kind. But I am going to have a sense of humor about it. Slightly over the top weirdness.

Quote:
2) Is magic gear available, and if so under what conditions (since we can be Very Wealthy...)?
Yep. You can purchase the ones in DF 1, and the ones in the treasure book (the ones given prices), and you can purchase custom items from Magic, but run those by me first.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Dorin Thorha

I have a Minotaur barbarian that I will post shortly.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
Poonbahbah

Quote:
Had to get my worst roll on the most important one, didn't I?
Murphy wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
ErhnamDJ

Does anyone want to take over on Talosian's guy?

I'm thinking of adding another player.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
Poonbahbah

If you don't want to take him over I guess I could control him in some sort of limited way if Tal doesn't object soonish. But as he's a loner with sense of duty friends and companions I sorta see him being around but not to close, always willing to help but for some odd reason not quite wanting to be a close part. Not often heard in discussions or planning. Kind of perfect for an NPC I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
Dorli has no food or water whatsoever.
While looking at Tal's charecter I saw yours on the same page and checked it out. What happened to the 10 days of dwarven rations you have listed?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #10
Dorin Thorha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
While looking at Tal's charecter I saw yours on the same page and checked it out. What happened to the 10 days of dwarven rations you have listed?
Wrong character, that's the barbarian who got scrapped. Dorli's sheet is on page 4.

Tags
welcome to hell