Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #11
martinl

Default Re: Druids are Shifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
A trouble-minded player can cause trouble given any profession and an inch to stand on.
Agreed, which is why I find the official druidic exception surprising.

Yes, 15 points in SoD: Nature makes it pretty hard to sensibly co-operate with most delvers, or with civilization in general [1], but there's lots of room for conflicting disads in DF. It's just weird to me that Druids are the only one for whom the "don't screw the party" disad is off template.

I think I'm gonna run with "DF druids are shifty" though. It seems like a sensible conclusion. [2]

Darn shifty bunny-huggers.

[1] Note: "delvers OR civilization." IME these two are not generally well aligned.

[2] To be fair, being unwilling to be loyal to other delvers is probably the moral choice here.
martinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:56 PM   #12
Stormcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Well, when you're a thief what are they supposed to do, NOT steal? Just because it's a party member doesn't mean they're off limits.
"We thought you were an 'expert treasure-hunter,' not a dirty sneak-thief."

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinl View Post
Agreed, which is why I find the official druidic exception surprising.
The only thing exceptional about it is that druids can't take it; that doesn't guarantee that anybody else does.
Stormcrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #13
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinl View Post
[2] To be fair, being unwilling to be loyal to other delvers is probably the moral choice here.
It just tends to be campaign-inconvenient, though I think the Holy Warrior wins for having the most inconvenient disad list for dungeon crawling, he doesn't seem to have a choice that isn't at least significantly unprofitable.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #14
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

The house-rule in my game is either you take SoD: Adventuring Companions or you get it for free! Everyone has it, you might as well get points for it.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #15
Gnomasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
The only thing exceptional about it is that druids can't take it; that doesn't guarantee that anybody else does.
It's not even that they can't take it (the sample character has it!), it's just not suggested.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:09 PM   #16
dcarson

I've seen lots of thief PCs that compromise. They won't steal things that belong to a party member but stuff that the party hasn't seen yet is fair game.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:18 PM   #17
dripton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Personally I like to have Sense of Duty (Companions) available as an option on every profession or character template in every game I play, and suggest it to all my players during character creation. I don't force it, but I feel it helps eliminate many a real-life argument. IMHO, YMMV, etc.
I have sometimes treated Sense of Duty (Companions) as "doesn't count against the Disadvantage limit." Not quite forcing anyone to take it, but wink wink nudge nudge free points.

I'm not planning to do that in my first DFRPG game just because I want to absolutely minimize house rules to keep it simple, so I'll instead just encourage everyone to take it.
dripton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunny, druids, shifty