Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
Pino

Default Weird Munchkin Moment

This happened to us this evening.

We were playing with 4 people. A level 8 (it was his turn) and a level 9 wizard elf and me (level 8) were battling for the win.

Our 8 encounters a monster which lets him gain two levels if he beats it and then asks the elf to help him, deciding they would then win together.
We start boosting the monster and that puts them into trouble and the level 9 player had to play a doppelganger, making sure they then would defeat the monster.

That triggered me to play a mate card on the monster, doubling that. They would lose again. The wizard charms one of the monsters and they fight the last one, defeating it. Then, as a last resort I use my love potion (not sure the name is like this in English) to make all the monster leave and quote "no treasure and levels being distributed"

At least they didn't win, but then there was a discussion about whether or not they could keep the treasure from the charmed monster (which was something like 6 treasures, which is a lot, considering they had just used their entire hand to try and win)

My argument was that because of the love potion no treasures would be distributed and their argument was that since they had already charmed one of the monsters, they would get his treasure.

Any opinions on this one?
Pino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doppleganger, friendship potion