Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #1
GWJ

Default [HT] Default guns loading method

According to the pages 86-88. What is default type of loading method for weapons which are don't have this in description? One of my players is big fan of hard realism, and this is vvvvvery important for him (especially for the S&W model 29 in this moment, but I know this will be returning issue if I will not have any default assumptions).
GWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
Anaraxes

Default Re: [HT] Default guns loading method

Seems like a case for "use the real-world stats".

A quick google shows me cylindrical speedloaders for the Model 29, so it would seem to be a swing-out cylinder, as in this review.
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #3
Clockwork_Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWJ View Post
According to the pages 86-88. What is default type of loading method for weapons which are don't have this in description? One of my players is big fan of hard realism, and this is vvvvvery important for him (especially for the S&W model 29 in this moment, but I know this will be returning issue if I will not have any default assumptions).
For revolvers, page 92 of High-Tech has:
Quote:
A shooter using a revolver with a swing-out cylinder can swing the cylinder out of the frame and quickly dump all the empty cases at once. Then he can reload, often with a speedloader. Unless otherwise noted, the revolvers described below are double-action with swing-out cylinders.
The Model 29 would thus be assumed to be double-action and have swing-out cylinders.

If you want to evaluate every weapon on a real-world-methods basis: in general, it takes one Ready maneuver to open or close a breech, open or close a loading gate, swing out or close a cylinder, open or close a feed, eject or insert a magazine, retrieve a cartridge (from an appropriate storage unit) or magazine or belt/strip, or insert a cartridge or magazine. Two seconds to insert a belt/strip. Fast Draw (Ammo) allows retrieval of a cartridge or magazine as a free action, reducing most reload times by 1 second per magazine or cartridge.
Clockwork_Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
HANS

The S&W Model 29 is a double-action revolver with swing-out cylinder. It uses the reloading rules on p. 87 of High-Tech.

Cheers

HANS