Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #41
gev

Default Re: Rulebook PDF Posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHorse View Post
Pg. 9, Ogre War Room info box: "A free Ogre app for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone is available through apps.sjgames.com."

Maybe it's a superficial quibble, but that address only redirects to http://www.sjgames.com/apps/ — so why not just give the real address? (Or conversely, set up apps.sjgames.com to actually work, instead of redirecting.)
As long as it works... apps.sjgmaes.com is easier to type in, and what it does after that is not very important (as long as it's not malware).
gev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #42
wsu

7.02 says that Attack Strength and Range are on the left side of the counter, but the Red howitzer picture in 3.01 has the Attack stats on the right side.
wsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #43
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Proofing the Ogre stat sheets...

While thinking about Ogre AP (7.05.1) and whether the AP have a range for attacks (yes, I know they do, but the rules don't say so anywhere), it occurred to me that the Ogre stats (for any of the weapons) are not part of the rules.

I know they are available online, but will we get a chance to see the sheets to look for any issues there?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #44
wsu

The end of 9.01 and the beginning of 9.02 seem redundant.
wsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #45
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJaye6 View Post
Page 4, Mark III Attack, 2nd paragraph:

You mention "North, Central, and South areas" here, but go on to talk about North Area and South Area, etc. Note that you did not capitalize "area" in the first mention, but you did in every other use of the word "area" in conjunction with North, Central, and South.
In the cases you describe, Area is capitalized when it's part of the name of a specific area (eg, North Area). The "North, Central, and South areas" phrase means the areas named North, Central and South.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #46
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

When attacking a bridge, it is stated that "Fire on all of its hexes can be combined for effect." Does that mean that multiple units may fire at different parts of the bridge to get combined attack strength (eg, the river bridge is D8; two GEVs attack the SE hex and two more attack the NW hex, for a combined attack strength of 8 to get a 1-1 attack)?

I know it's been worded like this forever, but I'm not sure it's clear what it means.

Additionally, if a bridge is destroyed (especially the river bridge), do all hexes become "bridge out" hexes that behave like rubble, or just the hexes that were targeted? My example above suggests all three hexes would become "Bridge Out" hexes, but what about targeting the center hex and the SE hex? Would the NW hex also be rubble?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #47
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Section 3, page 7:

"2-D (flat) counters" and "3-D counters"
are hilighted in red, but have no ending Period like most of the rest of the item callouts (eg, 3.01).

I don't know if that is specifically wrong, as they appear to just be hilights in a sentence, but the layout is not consistent with the rest of the rules.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #48
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

5.07.1 Road Bonus
"It may not use the additional hex to leave the road, ram, or overrun."

That last part is new; does that mean you can't use it to ram or overrun, even if you are continuing on the road? Why would the road bonus specifically disallow that?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #49
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

6.07.3 Ramming by Superheavies. A Superheavy may ram Ogres or other armor units as if it were an Ogre Mk. I (see 6.05). It suffers a 1-1 attack. If optional rule 13.07 is in use, it also loses treads as a Mk. I.

Is "it" the superheavy? This isn't clear.
Perhaps change it to:
6.07.3 Ramming by Superheavies. A Superheavy may ram Ogres or other armor units as if it were an Ogre Mark I (see 6.05). The Superheavy suffers a 1-1 attack. If optional rule 13.07 is in use, it also loses treads as a Mark I.

What is the result of the superheavy ramming if it does not destroy the target? I assume it then follows 6.08?

Last edited by GranitePenguin; 10-24-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: added possible alternate text
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #50
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

7.12.3 Spillover against terrain. If the optional rules for damaging and destroying terrain are being used, spillover attacks are also rolled against the defending unit’s hex. See Section 13.01.2.

There's good information for spillover fire on terrain, and on units when an armor unit it targeted, but there isn't anything clear on spillover if the original target is the hex.

Since spillover is defined this way:
7.12 Attacks on stacked units: spillover fire. When units are stacked (that is, when more than one counter is placed in the same hex), they may be attacked as follows: The attacking player declares one of the counters to be the “target” of the attack.
It looks like there is no such thing as "spillover by attacking the hex." Is that true, and does it need to be explicitly stated?