Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 06-09-2022, 09:29 PM   #1
Yenaldlooshi

Default GCA5: Uses and other consumables as an extra choice to add to the character sheet.

I see that GCA5 has check boxes for certain items to track usage when you double click to open the properties of an item. This is great but I would also love to see these boxes as an item that can be printed some how for the character. Does this printing feature already exist?

Also, I would love to see this feature added for several traits and items that have a usage effect on a character.

Please see my current worksheet example I use for this here:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtmPthDkIXkLifpz...ZIwVw?e=EBpQOS

Can this or does this already exist in GCA5?

Thanks!
Yenaldlooshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 11:35 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: GCA5: Uses and other consumables as an extra choice to add to the character sheet

Adding the printed Uses check boxes to the character sheets is on my agenda!

I just have too many things to do and too little time to do them.

My current plan is to offer check boxes inline (with the item in the list where it is printed) or in a block where all the various Uses items can be printed all together. It may take a bit to work out exactly how to offer what folks might want, because there are a lot of different preferences for such things.
Old 06-10-2022, 12:05 PM   #3
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: GCA5: Uses and other consumables as an extra choice to add to the character sheet

Oh, also, you can add your own Uses to any item. Just Add Tag 'uses' and the number of uses as the value, or 'count' if the number of uses should be the same as how many of the item you have.

The uses() tag and related support tags are quickly described in this document: https://www.misersoft.com/gca5/downl..._file_info.pdf, starting on page 31.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:41 AM   #4
Yenaldlooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Oh, also, you can add your own Uses to any item. Just Add Tag 'uses' and the number of uses as the value, or 'count' if the number of uses should be the same as how many of the item you have.

The uses() tag and related support tags are quickly described in this document: https://www.misersoft.com/gca5/downl..._file_info.pdf, starting on page 31.
If I add 'uses' and/or 'count', is there a way to get those to print as check boxes or is that still something we would wait on? Is there anyplace where those counts would appear on the printed page?

side note; I could see adding a use or a count to every edged weapon to track sharpness if one had a dwarven whetstone.
Yenaldlooshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:36 AM   #5
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenaldlooshi View Post
If I add 'uses' and/or 'count', is there a way to get those to print as check boxes or is that still something we would wait on? Is there anyplace where those counts would appear on the printed page?

side note; I could see adding a use or a count to every edged weapon to track sharpness if one had a dwarven whetstone.
Still something to wait on. At present, they do not print on any sheet, anywhere. There is no place where those counts would appear on the printed page.

As I mentioned above, this is on my agenda.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:41 AM   #6
Armin
GCA Prime

I pushed an update to GCA Prime today.

The first draft of Uses check boxes is now included. This only prints them in the 'inline' fashion in the trait lists. (I'll add more options later, but this was what was done when the bug fixes needed to go out.) You can select this behavior in the General Trait Band Options block, at the bottom of the Extra Info section.

Additional info about the updates is on my blog here.