Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
Paul

Default Munchkin Pawn Rules!

The SuperMunchkin figures found in the +6 Bag O' Munchkins are perfect for replacing those pawns you've lost from your copy of Munchkin Quest. But they can also be used in games without the word Munchkin in the title.

This is the thread for creating and discussing those "uses" -- and how you convinced your gaming group to let you use them!

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 12-10-2008 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Added the link to the pawns, since there's a page.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:19 AM   #2
Cheese8242

Default Re: Munchkin Pawn Rules!

First thing that comes to my mind is to replace the pawns in the game Zombie by Twilight Creation with the Super Munchkin pawns. Who wouldn't want to kill zombie's as a Super Munchkin?

Second is buy a few +6 Bag O' Munchkins (I think you would need 5 bags, at least with out painting the figures) and then you could play Super Munchkin Tic-Tac-Toe.

And of course if you bought 12 bags you could play checkers (once again buying so many bags so you don't have to paint the figures). You chose two colors for this, the first color is your normal pawn, and the second would be your kinged pawned.
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese8242
First thing that comes to my mind is to replace the pawns in the game Zombie by Twilight Creation with the Super Munchkin pawns. Who wouldn't want to kill zombie's as a Super Munchkin?
What rule would you create for that, though. I don't remember Zombies to fit in the Roll-and-Move category, but I could be mistaken about that. (It's been too many years since I made the mistake of saying, "Hey, this game goes too short, let's add in another box!" A 5-hour Zombies game is likely to burn you out, especially when you're playing with a bunch of Munchkin players who don't want it to end. Did I mentioned, I started the game at midnight?)

First, low-effort thought: Using a Munchkin Quest pawn, you always have a chainsaw. There's a card with game info on it, as I recall, so let's just use those. . . :-)
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:12 AM   #4
Progmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan
First, low-effort thought: Using a Munchkin Quest pawn, you always have a chainsaw. There's a card with game info on it, as I recall, so let's just use those. . . :-)
You could apply the same rule to Last Night on Earth.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
Cheese8242

Quote:
What rule would you create for that, though. I don't remember Zombies to fit in the Roll-and-Move category, but I could be mistaken about that. (It's been too many years since I made the mistake of saying, "Hey, this game goes too short, let's add in another box!" A 5-hour Zombies game is likely to burn you out, especially when you're playing with a bunch of Munchkin players who don't want it to end. Did I mentioned, I started the game at midnight?)

Zombies does use the roll to move feature, but I like your idea of starting with a chainsaw. I have a friend who is a Minion for Twilight Creation (funny thing is I was the one who introduced him to Zombies and Twilight Creations), I'll have a sit down with him and see what he thinks.

But I really like the start with a chainsaw rule. :)
Old 09-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese8242
Zombies does use the roll to move feature
Now that I have had time to find the rules (I've moved recently, and not everything got unpacked from the last move, so the Internet is still my friend, thankfully): Since you don't need to use all your movement, it seems like the movement rules using Munchkin pawns would lose half it's power. . . :-)
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:31 AM   #7
Cheese8242

Quote:
Now that I have had time to find the rules (I've moved recently, and not everything got unpacked from the last move, so the Internet is still my friend, thankfully): Since you don't need to use all your movement, it seems like the movement rules using Munchkin pawns would lose half it's power. . . :-)
Exactly why your idea of starting with a chainsaw would be a better rule, at least for Zombies. Plus it fits in with the pawns all having a chainsaw (of course they do they are Super Munchkins after all).

Last edited by Cheese8242; 09-25-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #8
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

In order to kill the zombies you have to roll a die. To know how many spaces you can move, you have to roll a die.

I would suggest a +1 on the kill roll as you are using a Chainsaw.

Pat
morleydotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #9
D-Man

. . . . place a munchkin pawn in front of you. In any combat, you may discard it for a 1d6 bonus. You may only have one in front of you at a time. Unless, of course, you "lose" these rules and tell the other players that you're allowed to have more.

..."lose" these rules... that is AWESOME!

Dennis
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #10
O'Keefe

I'm going to use mine to play Descent.

Munchkins start with an extra skill card.
will@sjgames.com
O'Keefe is offline   Reply With Quote