Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 05-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Gamejunky

Default Few questions

Hi just had a few questions I was confused about and couldn't seem to find by searching.

If i'm a Gnome and I use a monster to add to my bonus, then discard gnome for a new race in the same fight do I still get the bonus from that monster?

If someone dies and has a hireling, is the hireling eligible to be looted? Same with the Really impressive title. Also do you lose training when dying?

The Jellyfish monster says enhancers are doubled, would a - 5 double to -10?

Also my friends and I play epic a lot. I just got Munchkin 8 and while there are epic rules for Legendary and Elite, I don't see any epic rules for Elder?

Can ships, mounts, vehicles have more than one enhancer on them?

One more thing, I noticed that ships or vehicles run away bonus replaces any bonus you have to run away. Is that the only run away bonus that doesn't stack? Or am I confused about how run away bonuses work.

Sorry for all the questions, apprieciate any responses. These are questions me and my group have had for awhile now, and we play almost every day so it'd be nice to have a ruling on these questions.
Gamejunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamejunky View Post
If i'm a Gnome and I use a monster to add to my bonus, then discard gnome for a new race in the same fight do I still get the bonus from that monster?
You get to keep it. To confirm: http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=79239

Quote:
If someone dies and has a hireling, is the hireling eligible to be looted? Same with the Really impressive title. Also do you lose training when dying?
The Hireling gets looted. It's not a Race, Class or persistent Curse, so it gets set aside with all the other cards you have that can be looted, then discarded once everyone but you has gotten a card.

Quote:
The Jellyfish monster says enhancers are doubled, would a - 5 double to -10?
Cards like Baby and Sleeping are considered Monster Enhancers, even if they don't buff the Monster up, so yes.

Quote:
Can ships, mounts, vehicles have more than one enhancer on them?
Yes. Items and Hirelings, too.

Quote:
One more thing, I noticed that ships or vehicles run away bonus replaces any bonus you have to run away. Is that the only run away bonus that doesn't stack? Or am I confused about how run away bonuses work.
Basically, the way most Run Away bonuses are worded, they tend to stack, except when you have the same bonus from two Races or Classes.

Quote:
Sorry for all the questions, apprieciate any responses.
We prefer to see one question per thread, with a meaningful title that describes the topic of the question. This makes it easier for people to search for the answers they are looking for. it's okay to group multiple questions that are related together, as well.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote