Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2019, 08:33 AM   #1
Dalin

Default Druidic healing

How unbalancing is it if I let druids have access to healing spells? I usually run games for small groups of 3-4 players. We've never yet had anyone choose to play both a cleric and a druid. Often, if someone doesn't want to play a battle-mage, there is a pressure to play a cleric because of their healing abilities. By allowing druids to have the healing spells too, this might broaden their appeal. But I haven't looked things over carefully. Would that rebalance things to the point that they no sensible munchkin would choose cleric over druid?

I will probably reskin the spells a bit so I could also nerf them. Perhaps they require a longer casting time ("applying sacred mud") so they can't really be cast in combat. This would give an edge to clerics. Or is Herb Lore good enough and I just have druids carry around wineskins of healing potions? (In effect, I suppose the latter is about the same as nerfing the healing spells. Both are slower than a cleric. The spells trade FP for HP and the potions trade $.)

Just musing here. Love to hear if others have played around with this.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
druids, healing, spells