Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2008, 04:47 AM   #1
dies irae

Default [vessels] how to manage role

hello friends. i'm new in this forum and in nomine's universe.
i'll sure make many errors in writing, 'cause i'm not american, please be patient, i hope you'll understand and help me.

i want start a campaign as a master, but there are several things i don't understand about in nomine, it seems very difficult 'cause of all politicians and metaphysical matters.

by the way, this is my question:
how can a PC maintain a role and play adventures at the same time?

a try to explain with an example:
the manual say that if you have a policeman's role, you ARE a policeman (work in a police station, have your equipment, fellows, etc.)
but, i think, if you are a policeman, how can you go around the world for weeks or months to make adventures.. and don't be fired (so losing the role itself)?!
or, if you are a major league star, how can you miss training sessions or match? in this case are you forced to make adventures only when the season is over?

also, when celestials go to heaven or hell, the vessel goes to limbo.
then? what about the humans that know the vessel? they call police saying that a friend is vanished?

definitely, i can't understand how many and how a vessel must be REAL.. and how to manage it.

i hope you understood, and hope that they weren't stupid questions.

thank you very much, kisses from italy!
dies irae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roles