Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-25-2013, 03:28 AM   #61
Ze'Manel Cunha

Default Re: Very Fit and Spell Fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
Okay, it isn't disingenuous, it is flat out false.
I clearly disagree, but that's not really worth anyone's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
It also misses the point of the discussion, which is whether or not either Advantage's improved Fatigue recovery should apply to non-mundane effects like powering spells (which itself can be broken down into parts).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Latrans View Post
+2 to all HT rolls (including the skills) is [4] points. This applies to anyone at character creation whose GM doesn't forbid buying down FP and Basic Move.
We could rewrite VF to provide magical Fatigue recovery and keep it priced the same.
Basically price VF as something along the lines of:
Fit [5]
Magical Fit [5]
+2 to all HT rolls [4]
lose FP at half normal rate [1]

Then you need to decide how this new magical VF works with the existing magical energy recovery system which is generally the default.

Recover Energy, Magic, p.89:
A normal person recovers 1 FP every 10 minutes.
A mage who knows this spell at skill 15 or higher recovers 1 FP every 5 minutes.
A mage who knows this spell at skill 20 or higher recovers 1 FP every 2 minutes.
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #62
kirbwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha View Post
lose FP at half normal rate [1]
Is that a perk? Sounds pretty awesome for one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha View Post
Then you need to decide how this new magical VF works with the existing magical energy recovery system which is generally the default.

Recover Energy, Magic, p.89:
A normal person recovers 1 FP every 10 minutes.
A mage who knows this spell at skill 15 or higher recovers 1 FP every 5 minutes.
A mage who knows this spell at skill 20 or higher recovers 1 FP every 2 minutes.
Unless I recall wrong, this spell doesn't stack with any FP healing, you use the better of the two.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #63
Ze'Manel Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
Is that a perk? Sounds pretty awesome for one.
I'd consider it a Perk, not as useful as a flashlight, but still nice on a rare occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
Unless I recall wrong, this spell doesn't stack with any FP healing, you use the better of the two.
Sure, but normally mages don't need anything else either...
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #64
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Latrans View Post
+2 to all HT rolls (including the skills) is [4] points. This applies to anyone at character creation whose GM doesn't forbid buying down FP and Basic Move.
After reading this I went to re-check my math; I did calculate it wrong. So as Very Fit includes all the benefits of Fit (including +1) to HT, we only need to factor in the cost for another +1 for HT (instead of +2) when comparing costs relative to Fit, yes?

Or did I miss something else? >.>
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fatigue, very fit