Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-02-2018, 06:26 AM   #1
Grayscale

Default Exalted's Custom GURPS Sheet

Hi everyone,

I've posted a version of a custom sheet on a thread a while ago, and recently I've been working on it again. I printed these yesterday and thought they turned out great, so I thought I'd share.

My design philosophy was "keep everything already on the standard sheet" and "keep it at 2 pages". I think I managed to add up a lot more info within these 2 parameters, without it getting too cramped. A lot of the new info displayed was straight up inspired by the Phoenix GCA sheet.

So here it is, hopefully it might be useful to you!

Update as of 11/06/2019: Check post 35.

Cheers

Last edited by Grayscale; 06-11-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Grayscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
namada
Banned

Default Re: Exalted's Custom GURPS Sheet

I like the direction you're going here. Some notes though:
1. The icons seem to be taking up more space than simply using words would, under Physical Feats, while those under Secondary Characteristics do nothing but take space.
2. As the current layout stands, you have combat stuff on both sides of the sheet. It would be nice to have a "role playing" side and a "combat" side, so that you're not constantly flipping the page over during fights.
namada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #3
acrosome

It would be better formatting if the I were moved half a space to be directly over the center of the Q. Also, you could lose the second L in WILL.

I also find the symbols under Feats to be a bit too obscure.

Finally, the sheet is all in English, except for Pontos.
acrosome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:15 AM   #4
Grayscale

Updated two new versions to opening post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrosome View Post
It would be better formatting if the I were moved half a space to be directly over the center of the Q. Also, you could lose the second L in WILL.

I also find the symbols under Feats to be a bit too obscure.

Finally, the sheet is all in English, except for Pontos.
Fixed these, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namada View Post
I like the direction you're going here. Some notes though:
2. As the current layout stands, you have combat stuff on both sides of the sheet. It would be nice to have a "role playing" side and a "combat" side, so that you're not constantly flipping the page over during fights.
Created a alternate version with combat stats on the back. I ended up with a bunch of free space on the front, I have no ideas of what to put there at the moment.

EDIT: Added up Mount/Vehicle information on this space.

I think I still prefer weapon info on the front, but this turned out great too.

Last edited by Grayscale; 06-04-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:41 PM   #5
namada
Banned

Thanks Exallted, finally getting a chance to look at the updates. Trackable Resources is a nice touch too, btw.

Question: What is the Check #1, Check #2," etc., for? It seems like a waste of vertical space to place them there, rather than say horizontally, underneath the Stats (or above HP's, if it's for what I suspect.) That way, you could make the Stat section wider, giving players more room to write stuff there.

Abbreviations you could make:
Under Secondary Characteristics "damage" to "dmg."

Under Physical Feats "#-handed" to "#-hand"

Modifications you could make:
It seems to me that you'd have enough room to recreate the entire Hit Locations table from p552 (including random rolling) and add the notes 1 and 2, if you reverse the locations of the Hit Location and Posture Tables, plus move them up a bit.

Issues:
Under Points - Secondary is misspelled, but it could be deleted anyway, giving you a longer line to write on after Characteristics.

You have no DMG listed on your Slam Table (on sheet A or B), which I didn't mention before because I assumed you were working on filling it in. ;)
namada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:53 PM   #6
Grayscale

After a long time, came back to this desing and pretty much revamped the entire style, keeping all the info (minus air and water move, and the stats for a second vehicle). I think it looks pretty good now!

Here's the link (also updated the opening post): https://drive.google.com/open?id=13g...IRI6Ys2Id98gtA

Quote:
Originally Posted by namada View Post

You have no DMG listed on your Slam Table (on sheet A or B), which I didn't mention before because I assumed you were working on filling it in. ;)
Did away with "Checks" for now, they were supposed to remind you about Death checks. As for the slam table, they are empty cause you're supposed to fill them based on your character's HP!
Old 11-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #7
phayman53

Nice sheet!

Couple of minor typos:

1) On page 2 under "Armor" you have RD instead of DR

2) In the "Shield" stats you have "Cover RD" instead of "Cover DR"

A couple of questions:

1) Next to ST you have "Projection", what is this? Is it for telekinesis or something?

2) Have you considered having one section for both advantages and disadvantages in case a character has many more of one than the other? Or perhaps having a longer section for advantages than disadvantages as it is more likely a character will have more advantages than disadvantages?

3) There is room to have a longer speed/range table, why do you stop at -15/700 yards?

4) Can you make a version with the Low-Tech hit locations for DR instead of the basic set ones? So instead of Torso and Groin you would have Chest and Abdomen. There is also room for an expanded hit location table from Low-Tech or Martial Arts on page 2 of your sheet if you move the wound modifiers and slam tables over a bit.

5) I am not sure what you are supposed to put in all of the different types of grapples under unarmed list. Are these penalties, damage values, something else?

I really like the aesthetic of your list and the way you condensed things to two pages, great job!
phayman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #8
Grayscale

Quote:
Originally Posted by phayman53 View Post
Nice sheet!

Couple of minor typos:

1) On page 2 under "Armor" you have RD instead of DR

2) In the "Shield" stats you have "Cover RD" instead of "Cover DR"

A couple of questions:

1) Next to ST you have "Projection", what is this? Is it for telekinesis or something?

2) Have you considered having one section for both advantages and disadvantages in case a character has many more of one than the other? Or perhaps having a longer section for advantages than disadvantages as it is more likely a character will have more advantages than disadvantages?

3) There is room to have a longer speed/range table, why do you stop at -15/700 yards?

4) Can you make a version with the Low-Tech hit locations for DR instead of the basic set ones? So instead of Torso and Groin you would have Chest and Abdomen. There is also room for an expanded hit location table from Low-Tech or Martial Arts on page 2 of your sheet if you move the wound modifiers and slam tables over a bit.

5) I am not sure what you are supposed to put in all of the different types of grapples under unarmed list. Are these penalties, damage values, something else?

I really like the aesthetic of your list and the way you condensed things to two pages, great job!
Fixed both typos, thanks!

Now for the questions:

1: It should really be "Knockback". This is a result of translating back to English from the Portuguese version of the sheet. Fixed.

2. Making one list shorter would entail losing the alignment between the headers for "Disadavantages" and "Reaction Modifiers", which I wouldn't want to. Having Advantages and disadavantages under a single section could be done though.

3. Will increase it!

4. What hit locations would you want, precisely? Just splitting torso into Chest and Abdomen? That would be feasible under the current layout, but adding "upper arms", "shoulders" etc would require a different approach, considering the space available!

5. I envision you should fill it in with skill level for the attack and damage, where applicable: e.g. "Punch 15, 1d-2 cr". The empty boxes under striking skill can be filled with other techniques.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #9
phayman53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exallted View Post
Fixed both typos, thanks!
4. What hit locations would you want, precisely? Just splitting torso into Chest and Abdomen? That would be feasible under the current layout, but adding "upper arms", "shoulders" etc would require a different approach, considering the space available!
I was really just thinking of a version that replaces torso with chest and groin with abdomen and then having a slightly more detailed hit location chart that includes at least the penalties for the vitals and abdomen. I think the much more detailed locations like "elbows", etc. could be saved for character notes or a more detailed chart if the players and GM want to use it. It would just be nice to have a version that matches the main locations in LT since, I think, a lot of people use them instead of the ones in the Basic Set.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:31 PM   #10
phayman53

Also, on the hit location penalty chart on page 2, not sure how you could fit it, but it would be nice to have the 3d6 values for each location if you randomly roll for hit location. Though it certainly might not be feasible given the space allowed and certainly is not necessary.