Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
naraht

Default War Correspondent

Goran
Habbalite of the Media

Corp 6 (12/12)
Eth 4 (7/9)
Cel 4 (8/8)

Languages: *many*/2-5
Songs:Shields Corp/6 Motion Corp/4 (and a few others)
Artifact: Camera which for 1 essence will record on whichever planes Goran wants.

Goran's been on the Corporeal Plane for most of his 200 years of existence and has been shot at for most of it. He was *the* source of up to date information for Hell at Charge of the Light Brigade, Vicksburg, and Stalingrad. He's had roles with AP, UPI and currently works for Al-Jazerra covering the Syrian Civil War.

He's spent the last 20 years trying to get Nybbas to sponsor him for the word of "War Correspondent" without success and Baal seems even less willing to sponsor him. So he's decided that the next most logical Superior to sponsor him for a word is *Michael*. So these days, most of his photos end up going both Up *and* Down.
naraht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: War Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
Goran
Habbalite of the Media

Corp 6 (12/12)
Eth 4 (7/9)
Cel 4 (8/8)

Languages: *many*/2-5
Songs:Shields Corp/6 Motion Corp/4 (and a few others)
Artifact: Camera which for 1 essence will record on whichever planes Goran wants.

Goran's been on the Corporeal Plane for most of his 200 years of existence and has been shot at for most of it. He was *the* source of up to date information for Hell at Charge of the Light Brigade, Vicksburg, and Stalingrad. He's had roles with AP, UPI and currently works for Al-Jazerra covering the Syrian Civil War.

He's spent the last 20 years trying to get Nybbas to sponsor him for the word of "War Correspondent" without success and Baal seems even less willing to sponsor him. So he's decided that the next most logical Superior to sponsor him for a word is *Michael*. So these days, most of his photos end up going both Up *and* Down.
Most interesting. My stomach turned when I saw Habbalite--War Correspondent to me is emphatically Divine--and then the last paragraph. I love it.

Not sure how he's getting the photos to Michael, but then there's my old pal Nisroc (Spies) who will deal with pretty much anyone who can further the cause.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:49 PM   #3
Cally

Strictly speaking, if Media (and the War) are refusing to sponsor him, he would probably have better luck going directly to Lucifer with his petition for a Word. Freak chance is better than no chance, and if he IS that powerful and seasoned he could probably make a valid case for the Word on his own.

Unless the reason they don't sponsor him is he's so insane he'd give angels genuine help, and they're waiting for the Game to make their move against him.
Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #4
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cally View Post
... he'd give angels genuine help, ...
I think you mean "he'd give other angels genuine help" there. He is a Habbalite, after all, and Habbalah are angels - just ask them!
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:18 AM   #5
Cally

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
I think you mean "he'd give other angels genuine help" there. He is a Habbalite, after all, and Habbalah are angels - just ask them!
The Game probably wouldn't care to make that distinction.

Though maybe he's given up on Lucifer entirely and trying to get the Word from the Seraphim Council?
Cally is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, habbalah