Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
NorphTehDwarf

Default Re: Accessory Perk: Tripod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molokh View Post
Yes, a tripod is expensive - $1,250, assuming a non-automated version. In fact, I wonder why it costs so much. Good thing is that it doesn't seem to require specialization by weapon.

But regarding Extra Arm (WM -80%): how does that help with firing ST:18M weapons without having ST 18?
Sorry for the lack of clarity. Finals just ended and I'm a little fried. What I meant was... uh... that I didn't read the description of Extra Arm right. I still think the first idea stands, unless it'd be cheaper to buy Weapon Mount and then Arm ST for that single arm--and it probably wouldn't be.
NorphTehDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #12
Figleaf23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molokh View Post
Interesting interpretation. IMO it is a weapon no more than the standard collimator on a rifle. (IIRC Kromm allowed collimators to be taken as Perks.)
I don't even know what a collimator is.

{Edit: but having now looked it up via the wonderful intertubes, it seems like an important distinction is that the collimator is used to prepare the weapon before combat, not as an aid IN combat. That puts it in the category of tool rather than weapon for me.}

Last edited by Figleaf23; 06-12-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #13
Phoenix_Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
{Edit: but having now looked it up via the wonderful intertubes, it seems like an important distinction is that the collimator is used to prepare the weapon before combat, not as an aid IN combat. That puts it in the category of tool rather than weapon for me.}
I believe he means a collimating sight (HT156), also known as a "red dot sight," which does indeed give in-combat bonuses.
Phoenix_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessory, perks, tripod