Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
hastesword

Default Swiss army knife sword.

Hey it's my first time posting here, and I was wondering how to make something for a character i'm making. I have a TL10 micro filament broadsword, and I am trying to turn it into a universal weapon of sorts. What I mean by this is I want to give it a stun attack. Stat debuffing attacks. Poison attacks. now I've only played 5 sessions of GURPS so I am not yet super familiar with the system I know about weapon modifiers (see microfilamant material that I gave it) but can I add things like stun attack or electric damage to it or stat debuffs with it at least in the form of techniques, and in what books are those peices of information found.
Thank you all in advance, and sorry for any language mistakes.
hastesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #2
McAllister

Default Re: Swiss army knife sword.

1. Ultra-Tech is your friend.

2. Do you mean Monowire? Monowire is a thing, I'm not sure what microfiliment is.

3. It should be easy enough to fit a taser into the hilt, such that the prongs are coming out of the pommel. Martial Arts suggests using DX, Brawling or Karate for a pommel attack and giving it a -1 penalty that you can buy off for 2 points as a Technique. Your GM might be willing to roll "hitting people with the back of my sword" into the skill you use for hitting people with your sword.

4. It seems reasonable for a TL10 sword to be able to store poison and deploy it in one second. To be specific, I'd say you can trigger the release mechanism, and then sword will deliver poison on the next turn. Triggering the mechanism is either a Ready or a free action depending on how you do it: if it's voice-command activated, that's probably free, if you need to hit a switch, that's probably Ready. Since poisons can debuff stats, I think that's what you're looking for.
McAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:08 PM   #3
Kale

Quote:
Originally Posted by hastesword View Post
Hey it's my first time posting here, and I was wondering how to make something for a character i'm making. I have a TL10 micro filament broadsword, and I am trying to turn it into a universal weapon of sorts. What I mean by this is I want to give it a stun attack. Stat debuffing attacks. Poison attacks. now I've only played 5 sessions of GURPS so I am not yet super familiar with the system I know about weapon modifiers (see microfilamant material that I gave it) but can I add things like stun attack or electric damage to it or stat debuffs with it at least in the form of techniques, and in what books are those peices of information found.
Thank you all in advance, and sorry for any language mistakes.
If you have GUPRS Ultratech check out the shock gloves. Discuss the possibility with your Game Master of adding the mechanism from a shock glove into your sword. Then you could strike with the flat of the blade and deliver a shock effect just like the glove would.
Gas sprayers are bulky. You are better off carrying gas grenades and just throwing them. You can also get spray cans or Vortex Ring guns (GURPS Ultratech again) which let you direct the gas in a specific direction, but these would be too large to fit into a sword.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
hastesword

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAllister View Post
1. Ultra-Tech is your friend.

2. Do you mean Monowire? Monowire is a thing, I'm not sure what microfiliment is.

3. It should be easy enough to fit a taser into the hilt, such that the prongs are coming out of the pommel. Martial Arts suggests using DX, Brawling or Karate for a pommel attack and giving it a -1 penalty that you can buy off for 2 points as a Technique. Your GM might be willing to roll "hitting people with the back of my sword" into the skill you use for hitting people with your sword.

4. It seems reasonable for a TL10 sword to be able to store poison and deploy it in one second. To be specific, I'd say you can trigger the release mechanism, and then sword will deliver poison on the next turn. Triggering the mechanism is either a Ready or a free action depending on how you do it: if it's voice-command activated, that's probably free, if you need to hit a switch, that's probably Ready. Since poisons can debuff stats, I think that's what you're looking for.
yeah meant monowire
Old 01-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #5
hastesword

Well thank you guys I have managed to make my pimped out super sword
but my GM wants me to buy poison by the dose where can i find the costs of different poisons. I am at TL10.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:22 PM   #6
Verjigorm

Location: Charlotte, North Caroline, United States of America, Earth?

Bio-tech has a variety of poisons and toxins in it. Your GM should create some poisons for you to use, honestly, depending on what he wants.