Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #321
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Yuria: "What? No, we don't control of the Portal. That's more energy and equipment than we can carry with us. Mission Control will deliver the portal near us, but until then, we're unfathomably far from home. The astronomers are still figuring out how far."

Yuria: "It'd be nice if we could send signals back. I'm going crazy without my feeds. Five thousand people is not enough to generate any sort of proper media stream. Its just the same old stuff from last week. There's no news. Just us and a stale copy of the web."

Olive has a thought cross her mind, something about teenagers, wifi, and camping. And another about soldiers and isolation. And another about Mud Huts. But this women is older than Olive, and technically still has connectivity.

Yuria: Don't worry about the food. I'm sure they packed more than enough.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #322
Plane

"I hope so too... but do you think we could also get food from this planet? Perhaps if we studied to make sure things were not toxic and had nutrition?"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:42 PM   #323
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Before we left there was a big yik-yak about if the food here could be edible. Somebody reported it could be, then a big backlash says it was highly unlikely, then they were saying its quite possible. Either way, we'll know really soon. The probes are going to wake up soon and we'll do some science. Then they'll s send some vegetation up here and we'll really have some answers. I don't think they'd let you eat any of it until the bureaucrats approve it."

"But don't worry about the food. They over-engineered this mission, I'm sure they've got extra stores."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #324
Plane

"So anyway, regarding whatever it was that happened to you, do you remember anything about it that might help you avoid succumbing to it in the future? How you felt just before and just after the blank spot in your memory?"
Old 10-22-2019, 11:13 AM   #325
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Yuria: "I was excited! you hadn't seen the animals yet. I wanted to show you the pictures!"

Her face becomes more sober."But I wasn't that excited. Could excitement have triggered something? Maybe. Maybe if everyone sees the tape they could notice something."

Old 10-27-2019, 07:50 PM   #326
Plane

"Well, maybe an expert would be more qualified to interpret this, and they could compare it to the other data. I don't really want to rock the boat too much here by ignoring the chain of command. So far the leadership hasn't given me reason to distrust them..."
Old 10-28-2019, 07:12 AM   #327
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I think this conversation is wrapping up. Yuria plans to take the video to show security, and pass it on to experts, as well as make an argument for why everyone should see it. Does olive have anything she wants to do before that?

Old 10-31-2019, 12:39 PM   #328
Plane

No, that sounds like a good idea to her and she'll go along with it.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #329
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Mr. Welker picks up almost immediately. "Olive? Are you all right? Your scans say you're still in your room, and you look safe. Were you attacked? are you alone?"

Olive explains about the most recent attack*, and mentions the attacker wants to talk to him.

Yuria jumps in almost immediately after Olive stops talking "Mr. Welker, I tried to beat Olive with a chair. I have no memory of it, but a really good Virtual video. This seems like a danger I'd like to be aware of. Olive says its happened to her multiple times. Why wasn't I warned?"

Mr. Welker Groans "You got attacked in a virtual room this time Olive? Are you sure you aren't provoking people?" He addresses Yuria "You haven't been told because this is only happening around Olive. And your data-point is especially odd. You did it virtually? there goes all my theories."

Yuria presses him "Really? it only happens to her? How do I know that for sure?"

Mr. Welker "she could show all the footage of it happening to her before to you.... no she couldn't. Never mind. She doesn't collect that. No ANI."

Yuria: "And why wouldn't you warn everyone that this sort of thing was happening"

Mr. Welker: "My job is to manage and prevent Crisis, not cause them. I promise you if we made this live everyone would suspecting each other's every move. You'd get people hitting each other because their neighbor stood up too fast."

Yuria: "You don't trust us."

Mr. Welker: "Its confined to Olive. So far. And every-time it gets weirder its centered around Olive. If it happens to two more people, I promise I'll make a safety announcement"

Yuria: "And what if those two people end up dead?!"

Mr. Welker: "You've accused me of not trusting a crowd of 5,000 people with news. Maybe you should look at whether or not you trust me."

Voices are beginning to get raised.

*I think this is a fairly predictable conversation, at least as far as Olive is concerned. If you want to change any of her reactions in this conversation, let me know and I'll retroactively adjust things.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:04 AM   #330
Plane

*interjects*

"Mister Welker... I guess I had assumed that other people were also getting attacked... it's worrying me now to learn that it's only happening to me. I don't THINK that I'm doing anything to provoke them, but then I'm not totally sure what it is that might provoke this..."

"Maybe we should look at keeping me a safe distance based on the proximity of previous attacks? I don't know how distant Yuria is from me in this ship though and if it is feasible to empty the area around me for that distance, since you probably need a lot of the surrounding rooms..."

"That said, if it is based on just interacting with me, there's probably no danger in this virtual room since I can't actually be hurt there... I'm mainly worried about how those two guys I never interacted with came up to my door like that though."

"Could it be that either physical proximity OR verbal interaction might cause this?"