Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
Robocoastie

Default Wight d20 to G4e?

Hiya gang,

I need some tips for a conversion of the SRD wight to Gurps 4e; specifically its energy drain capability.

I imagine it would be pretty much the same as the Skeleton template in my GCA4 program but I'm not sure what advantage would be roughly the equivalent to the energy drain.

thanks!

Rob
Robocoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
kmunoz

Default Re: Wight d20 to G4e?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocoastie
Hiya gang,

I need some tips for a conversion of the SRD wight to Gurps 4e; specifically its energy drain capability.

I imagine it would be pretty much the same as the Skeleton template in my GCA4 program but I'm not sure what advantage would be roughly the equivalent to the energy drain.

thanks!

Rob
I think the Leech advantage from Powers (P96) is right up your alley. There is an enhancement to Leech, Steal (Other Score), that would allow the creature to suck ST, DX, IQ, HT and/or FP from its victim. Multiple copies of Leech, linked together, each doing different stealing damage, would mimic Energy Drain pretty tidily, I think. For a more "realistic" type of "level drain" you could go instead with the Steal Youth enhancement, which sucks months of age from the victim.

If you don't have Powers, you could try this with an Affliction that has an attribute penalty attack (multiple penalties in one Affliction). Then you could perhaps use Regeneration (Extreme) with a Trigger or Accessibility limitation "only for X seconds after Affliction Y is activated." The Aspected limitation in Powers might be even better, but if you have Powers you should use Leech.

Last edited by kmunoz; 02-08-2008 at 04:27 PM.
kmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
Robocoastie

Default Re: Wight d20 to G4e?

Thanks a bunch :) I don't have powers but it's on my list to get anyway. In the meantime your second idea will do.

thanks again,

Rob
Robocoastie is offline   Reply With Quote