Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2017, 09:01 PM   #31
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: [Monster Hunter] I Need Help With Character Generation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilust View Post
Anybody got any ideas on some quirks i could take that work with my character idea? All I have are the ones in the basic set. But believe there's a whole book dedicated to them.
Yes, Power-Ups 6: Quirks. One good idea from that book that I like to use when picking quirks is the "disadvantage embellishment". The way these work is to look at your disadvantages, and pick some way they always manifest. You can take one of these per -5 a given disadvantage is worth. So, for example, you have Bad Temper listed. You could take, as a quirk, "Always loses his temper when faced with rogue witches", basically getting -1 in exchange for always waiving the self-control roll that Bad Temper allows when confronted with rogue witches. Or, for Nightmares, you might have "always has a nightmare after dealing with spellcasters". Or anything like that - pick a circumstance that might come up where one of your disadvantages might limit you, and get 1 extra point for saying it will always limit you in those circumstances.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote