Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 10-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Interview with Steven Marsh, Kromm, and Lots of Pyramid Authors on Gaming Ballistic

For my second interview - technically I suppose it's a podcast - I took Sean Punch up on his suggestion during our discussion that the next time we did something like this, he'd like to have some of his fellow creators with him.

I aimed big, and invited Steven , Sean, David, and four of the most prolific contributors to Pyramid Magazine to what would be up to two hours of conversation using Google Hangouts On Air. As before, I provided a list of questions that I'd likely be asking, but also noted that I'd let the discussion go places on its own.

This time, I got ahead of things, and so this post will contain the video link, an uploaded audio file, and the full text transcript of the interview. Thanks to Christopher Rice, who did the transcription, for getting this done in just a few days. And of course, thanks to Andy Vetromile, J Edward Tremlett, and Matt Riggsby for spending time with me on Saturday night!

Gaming Ballistic Interview: Pyramid Magazine Panel Discussion
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: Interview with Steven Marsh, Kromm, and Lots of Pyramid Authors on Gaming Ballist

Awesome about the transscript part! I'm still not too good at listening to English, and I'm also Impatient (yes, that ought to be a disad, and yes I have it!) enough to claim I can read faster than most other people can speak.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
DouglasCole

Default Re: Interview with Steven Marsh, Kromm, and Lots of Pyramid Authors on Gaming Ballist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
Awesome about the transscript part! I'm still not too good at listening to English, and I'm also Impatient (yes, that ought to be a disad, and yes I have it!) enough to claim I can read faster than most other people can speak.
Thanks. I feel like it's a great set of options: watch, listen, read. That being said, I've added a "donate" button to partially defray the costs involved.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
zorg
Experimental Subject

I admit that for me, the most interesting part is to put faces to online personas :)
Old 10-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
SCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg View Post
I admit that for me, the most interesting part is to put faces to online personas :)
I quite like the illusion - I sort of don't want to know what Matt Rigsby looks like in real life, I strongly associate his name with his forum avatar, the young 'Turhan Bey'. (He played the Centauri Emperor in Babylon 5).
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Kalzazz

Out of curiousity (and I don't mean to pry or be untoward) can you explain at least in general what manner of expenses, challenges, and hoops and such are there in doing such an interview? How does the process work?
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Out of curiousity (and I don't mean to pry or be untoward) can you explain at least in general what manner of expenses, challenges, and hoops and such are there in doing such an interview? How does the process work?
Would you mind if I answered this question on my blog itself? This is a good topic!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAR View Post
I quite like the illusion - I sort of don't want to know what Matt Rigsby looks like in real life, I strongly associate his name with his forum avatar, the young 'Turhan Bey'. (He played the Centauri Emperor in Babylon 5).
See I always pictured him as Yardif Bey.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #9
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAR View Post
I still think of him as some kind of marsupial. Sometimes, anyway.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
DouglasCole

I was asked about the process and expense involved in doing these interviews. My answer is pretty straightforward (ask!), but there are some subtleties.

Tags
podcast