Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #20
trooper6

Default Re: Most Useful GURPS Traveller Books from a GURPS Point of View

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrash View Post
SJ Games has said they can sell existing physical books until stocks are gone. The prohibition is on selling digital copies. How this is all handled is presumably spelled out in the licensing agreement, which I don't expect either party to share with outsiders.

Think of it as a prohibition on reprints: for physical books, the distinction between "current printing on hand" and "new printing" is clear. For digital books, each new copy sold is essentially a "new printing." Note that Steven Marsh has said that you will continue to be able to download copies of items you purchased before the deadline from your Warehouse 23 account.
And note...when I checked W23's stock of 32 GT products, only two have printed copies left in stock: Planetary Survey 1, Kamsii and Humaniti--and Humaniti only has 2 left in stock.

So...really soon they will have no print copies left and it will only be digital...and that only until the end of the year. This is why I went and ordered all the digital books I didn't already own. And I'm considering buying digital copies of the one I do already own for easy keyword searching.
trooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
traveller