Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #31
johnsan323

Default Re: Converting Cthulhutech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeentch View Post
-- My conversion never settled on a system. If I get around to updating it, I would do all the mecha (even the Engels) in standard vehicle statblock and each one having the Ctech modifiers in their main writeup. The only question is whether to give the mecha a Handling stat, as in CTech the suits (in GURPS terms) directly modify the users DX (and skills based on it) and presumably you use normal, not vehicular, Dodge.
does anyone still have tzeentch's conversion I can't find it and his website is no more?
johnsan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:56 AM   #32
fengmd

I hate to bump up such an old thread, but I'm also looking at adapting some of or most of CthulhuTech to GURPS 4E.

Haven't had much luck trying to find Tzeentch's conversion PDF anywhere online as only the website was backed up on a site like the WayBack Machine, not the files you could download.

One GM had suggested starting with GURPS 3E CthulhuPunk, Cybertech, and converting those to 4E and using Transhuman Space to keep and track implants separately.

I'm still reviewing the CthulhuTech manuals to wrap my head around ways to make Engels distinct from BattleMechs. Would an Engel be similar to an "implant" as a kind of biotech equipment then and a BattleMech would be vehicular equipment?

Thanks for any help you can offer! :)
fengmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:54 PM   #33
AOTA

This issue of Pyramid has lots of Cyberpunk conversions. http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...h-21-cyberpunk

That should save you some time.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:52 AM   #34
fengmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTA View Post
This issue of Pyramid has lots of Cyberpunk conversions. http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...h-21-cyberpunk

That should save you some time.
Thank you! And, again, sorry for the bump-up of an ancient thread almost exactly two years later, lol.

I did review Issue 3/21 of Pyramid and didn't really find anything potentially useful for adapting Cthulhutech to GURPS 4E (correct me if I'm wrong though).

What's brought me back to this thread is that I'm starting a Cthulhupunk game and one of my players mentioned maybe incorporating Cthulhutech elements, but given that tzeentchnet's website is down and their Cthulhutech/GURPS manual appears lost forever, I thought returning her for feedback might be useful.
fengmd is offline   Reply With Quote