Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #11
natesroom

Default Re: OP Epic Munchkins

well here is what starts to happen... when there 3 or 4 of us that really know how to play, we play pretty cutthroat. So when you start pumping these monsters up to make them fail at around 6-9 levels, people start doing pretty good stuff. Magic Lamp, Illusion, charm spell, Bardic Luck, Master, (nice if you have booster) and then you talking about 4-8 treasures for a monster that only was giving 2 or 3 to begin with.

3 + Humongous = 5 + Enraged = 6 +Master + Bardic Luck = 7

So thats how treasures start becoming populated across the table.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:58 AM   #12
Solelron
Banned

50 is actually pretty unsurprising in an epic game, given I can do base games with powers of 30ish.

I did a wrap-a-round game (as a MIB I couldn't win and was just there to have fun) so when I hit level 20 I wrapped back to level 1 and I had an effective power of somewhere in the high 30's or more.

So yeah, its totally possible with the right cards and the right abilities to protect yourself.
Solelron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #13
natesroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothhands View Post
The highest permanent combat power we've had in our non-Epic games was 40, and by the time the game ended no one else was even close. The only reason I was able to hold onto all that treasure was a combination of having the Helm of Peripheral Vision (the Thief in the game couldn't steal from me) and a Wishing Ring and some throw-away items for when I occasionally got cursed.

I think three people having even more than that means something was done wrong. Most likely people had multiple Big items without being Dwarves, or Race/Class restrictions were not followed.

I'm not sure how long you've played smooth but i find it odd that you havent encountered this.

With Chimera, 1/3 breed, half breed, super munchkin, ultra munchkin, super duper munchkin cards floating around its very easy to be a half orc/elf/dwarf that can use the slugthrower (+5) and the bow of Ribbons(+5) with two item enhancers on them or even a cheat on on them for a +10 total or more just on your weapons. (obviously they are two handed items but with an extra hand or 2 extra hands equipping both is easy)

Then add all the rest of it and your level and its very easy to be even have a strength of the mid 30's before even hitting the 9th level.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
whitecloud197

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostkill221 View Post
So Backstory: Me and 4 of my friends were playing Epic Munchkin, and by the end of the game I was over 50 total Combat Level and so were two other Munchkins, this seems enormous for a game were the highest single monster is 20. Am I not following some rules right? or is there a way to make the game Scale faster?
I have this problem To, so i have a House Rule for Epic Munchkin

"Once Munchkin Reaches Epic Status, All Monsters are Automatically +10 (Epic Monsters)"
whitecloud197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #15
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesroom View Post
I'm not sure how long you've played smooth but i find it odd that you havent encountered this.

With Chimera, 1/3 breed, half breed, super munchkin, ultra munchkin, super duper munchkin cards floating around its very easy to be a half orc/elf/dwarf that can use the slugthrower (+5) and the bow of Ribbons(+5) with two item enhancers on them or even a cheat on on them for a +10 total or more just on your weapons. (obviously they are two handed items but with an extra hand or 2 extra hands equipping both is easy)

Then add all the rest of it and your level and its very easy to be even have a strength of the mid 30's before even hitting the 9th level.
Maybe I don't have enough cards, but even playing with only THREE players, we rarely have somebody actually pull everything necessary to pull off that kind of combo. With more players it should be LESS likely, I'd think, since they are all competing for the same cards, much less having THREE players pumped up that high at once? I don't doubt that it is POSSIBLE, I'm aware of the combos that would make it work (or at least some of them), but I'm having a hard time picturing it happening routinely. But I don't have Cheat With Both Hands, so maybe that's the problem...
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #16
natesroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Maybe I don't have enough cards, but even playing with only THREE players, we rarely have somebody actually pull everything necessary to pull off that kind of combo. With more players it should be LESS likely, I'd think, since they are all competing for the same cards, much less having THREE players pumped up that high at once? I don't doubt that it is POSSIBLE, I'm aware of the combos that would make it work (or at least some of them), but I'm having a hard time picturing it happening routinely. But I don't have Cheat With Both Hands, so maybe that's the problem...
Yeah... Next time it happens i will take a picture of it and post it and you can see how the layout looks and how we got there. Now not everyone is over 50 but your talking 3 of us at 30's and 40's

Tags
epic, overpowered