Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 12-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #311
Hemlock

Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
196) No longer allowed to "accidentally" leave "red herring" references and maps around where my players can notice them.
But that is half the fun of being a GM !!!

Confusing the heck outta the players ... it's one of the greatest source of fun for the GM.
That and killing PCs ... and I'm sure the Players would rather be confused.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #312
crretin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos View Post
And Welshy's list was of things that he had actually been ordered not to do, and mostly of thing he had been ordered not to do again or not to do any more.

As a compendium of things GMs and players have actually been told not to do any longer this list is amusing and funny. If we just all spammed it with deliberately stupid ideas it would be pathetic.
Well that was rude.
crretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #313
Dwarf99

197) No longer allowed to incorporate the Scythe of Death into the game to express to the players how frightened of the BBEG the gods are (See DF 6: 40 Artifacts).

198) No longer allowed to make a standard Lich BBEG, SERIOUSLY GUYS GADGET LIMITED UNKILLABLE THREE IS NOT FUNNY... Especially since they killed it wrong last time and now this game is "Guess what? I'm BAAAAAAACK!"
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #314
crretin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos View Post
And Welshy's list was of things that he had actually been ordered not to do, and mostly of thing he had been ordered not to do again or not to do any more.

As a compendium of things GMs and players have actually been told not to do any longer this list is amusing and funny. If we just all spammed it with deliberately stupid ideas it would be pathetic.
Also if you're talking about that list about the military, that was SKIPPY'S list not welshy's list. Welshy's list is made by someone who made up a list of things that a stereotypical loonie player would do in an rpg including things like polka gnomes or putting a grenade launcher on a pistol in an effort to make people laugh. Which was something I thought everyone was attempting to do here. If I'm mistaken then I would probably say these things happen. Nobody's perfect. I'd even apologize to you if you didn't call me pathetic for making such a mistake while ignoring the fact that it was never stated as such in the opening post that it had to be something that actually happened. I can understand if you just don't like my humour or if you prefer that these be something real. If that's the case then my posts can easily be ignored and avoided thanks to the fact that you could always just look at the username and just go "Hey I don't like this guys humour, I'm not going to read this post and move on." People don't always like the same things and there's nothing wrong with that. However you don't insult people and expect them to change what they're doing simply because you don't like it. Life doesn't work that way. You're not intimidating and the world doesn't revolve around simply because you demand it.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #315
Dwarf99

Quote:
Originally Posted by crretin View Post
<snip>You're not intimidating and the world doesn't revolve around simply because you demand it.
I know you're frustrated, and it seems you just got madder and madder the further time went by, but I'm not entirely sure he was doing it deliberately (for one, because I'm absentmindedly blunt that way). You already expressed discontent further upthread, so if at all possible, try to keep it on topic and address it through PMs/Mods. You're totally justified, but getting madder because he didn't resolve the issue on this thread is OT. OT isn't fun for anyone.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #316
crretin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf99 View Post
I know you're frustrated, and it seems you just got madder and madder the further time went by, but I'm not entirely sure he was doing it deliberately (for one, because I'm absentmindedly blunt that way). You already expressed discontent further upthread, so if at all possible, try to keep it on topic and address it through PMs/Mods. You're totally justified, but getting madder because he didn't resolve the issue on this thread is OT. OT isn't fun for anyone.
oh.... sorry..... My temper got a bit out of hand there...... I won't dwell any more on the issue....

also

199) I am not allowed to base my transformer on pinkie pie
Old 12-02-2013, 04:49 AM   #317
Hemlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by crretin View Post
oh.... sorry..... My temper got a bit out of hand there...... I won't dwell any more on the issue....

also

199) I am not allowed to base my transformer on pinkie pie
200) In a similar vein ... just because you design a quadraped Battlemech and give it the name MLP-101 does not mean you can refer to it as 'My Little Pony' Mech ... nor by any of the names of the characters on MLP ... nor can you name the Merc Company running this mech as the 'Bronies'.

It's just wrong.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #318
crretin

201) If I'm playing in a my little pony campaign, I am not allowed to make a character based on the punisher
a) even when there are children around
b) ESPECIALLY when children are around
c) I am not allowed around anything pony related ever
Old 12-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #319
Dwarf99

202) I'm no longer allowed to permit a player to create a sentient tank (powered by a disembodied gnomish brain) that shoots candy out of its cannon.
a) People like sprinkles on their ice cream, but no one likes them at velocities where they spontaneously combust.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #320
crretin

203) Using jars of wasps as throwing weapons is just rude