Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 10-01-2018, 09:14 AM   #1941
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
Scientific progress goes *boom*! 1200 Teslas!

https://bgr.com/2018/09/28/magnetic-...machine-study/

purple light? purple light flashes without special chemistry tricks are real?!!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:53 AM   #1942
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
purple light? purple light flashes without special chemistry tricks are real?!!
Everything is magnets!
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:47 PM   #1943
Luke Bunyip

SCA for AtE: Wastelander Weekend.

Quote:
...Join over a thousand attendees coming from all over the the United States (and beyond) to gather in the Southern California desert for a five-day post-apocalyptic festival. Set up camp at our wasteland compound, surrounded by specially-built sets. Costumes are required and post-apocalyptic campsites and vehicles are encouraged. Live for four days in a world pulled straight out of the Mad Max movies and other post-apocalyptic films and games, beyond the grip of so-called civilization.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #1944
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Bunyip View Post
SCA for AtE
And the really great part of the deal of being a Wastelander: not only do you not have to wash your car, doing so would actually be a bad idea, spoiling its cosplay. Instead of knocking yourself out to maintain your look, you're _supposed_ to let it decay.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:26 PM   #1945
William

Teen baked her grandfather's ashes into sugar cookies and brought them to school, police say

Quote:
...baked her grandfather’s ashes into a batch of sugar cookies and gave them to classmates, some of whom were aware they contained human remains before they ate them, authorities said Tuesday.

A female student at Da Vinci Charter Academy, a public charter high school, brought the cookies to school on Oct. 4 and gave them to at least nine other students, said Davis Police Lt. Paul Doroshov. Some ate the cookies without knowing the extra ingredient and were horrified, he said. Others knew.
W... tf, reality.

A little something for a horror game that doesn't depend on zombies and vampires.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:38 PM   #1946
Flyndaran
Untagged

Not really that horrifying in my opinion compared to actual murderers like William Suff.
He very likely served chili at a cook out containing the meat of one of his victims.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:19 PM   #1947
Anaraxes

I don't know that we can trust Herodotus's recount of Astyages and Harpagus, more so since it's similar to the older story of Thyestes. But on the other hand, there might be a kernel of truth in at least one story with such a popular theme. Certainly real humans are cruel enough to give it a try, whether ancient Greeks or modern Americans.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:38 PM   #1948
Dalillama

The Butcher of Hanover, Fritz Harmann, was known to sell finely minced meat of unclear origins during his killing spree. He purported to obtain it from a butcher named Karl, who he described inconsistently and who could not be located after Harmann's arrest.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #1949
David Johnston2

http://qr.ae/TUhRFC

Let's see if we got this right, A religious saint tells a father his son is cursed and advises him to kill the baby. That father obliges and brings his 22 months old to him and asks him to do it. That saint gives this job to one of his followers who couldn't do it because of his wife and drops the baby at the door of a child's shelter.

I swear it's a plotline out of some fairy tale except the "cursed baby" doesn't grow up and return to defeat the evil "saint".
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:56 PM   #1950
dcarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post

I swear it's a plotline out of some fairy tale except the "cursed baby" doesn't grow up and return to defeat the evil "saint".
It apparently happened not that long ago. The kids is only about 2 years old. Give him 10-15 years.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox