Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #301
Phantasm

Default Re: [SUPERS] My Unofficial Handbook to the DC Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
Trained by Batman 9

While wandering the earth turning himself into the perfect weapon against crime, Batman trained with many of the best martial artists in the world, including The Sensai, Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, David Cain, and Wildcat.

He has synthesized that training, into the skills most useful for fighting crime on the streets in an urban area. This is the style that he teaches to all of his side kicks, as well as other heroes he deems worthy. Among his students past and present are Nightwing, Robin, Oracle, and Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance).

Skills: Acrobatics, Climbing, Judo, Jumping, Karate, Running, Stealth, Thrown Weapon (Shuriken).

Techniques: Acrobatic Stand, Arm Lock, Attack from Above, Back Kick, Breakfall (Acrobatics or Judo), Choke Hold (Judo), Counterattack (Karate), Disarming (Karate or Shuriken), Elbow Strike, Feint (Karate), Jump Kick, Kicking, Knee Strike, Spinning Kick, Sweep (karate), Uppercut (Karate)

Cinematic Skills: Blind Fighting, Breaking Blow, Mental Strength, Pressure Points

Cinematic Techniques: Flying Jump Kick, Hand Catch, Hand Clap Parry, Pressure Point Strike, Roll with Blow, Whirlwind Attack (Karate)

Perks: Cloaked, Improvised Weapons (Karate), Shtick (varies, pretty much any), Style Adaptation (Any, but Dragon Kung Fu, Shurikenjutsu, and Taijutsu seem most common.), Technique Adaptation (Can Disarm with Shuriken).

Optional Skills: Broadsword, Cloak, Smallsword, Staff, Two-Handed Sword
I'm looking to adapt this to a potential game set in a non-DC setting. I'm a bit concerned over the lack of other optional traits. This style wouldn't give additional Perks, Disads (particularly Vow: Never Take a Life, as I can see Bruce drilling that into his students), Advantages like Striking ST, or increased attributes/secondaries (like ST, DX, HT, HP, FP, or Basic Speed)?

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #302
Drakyrias

Request for stats for Swamp-Thing, Cheetah, Constantine, Black Adam, and Aquaman
Drakyrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:33 AM   #303
Darkhol

Quote:
Villain: The Joker
Alias: Red-Hood
Allies and Affiliations: Villains of Gotham City, Harley Quinn

Whatever you've heard about the origins of The Joker is probably a lie.
Nobody knows what his name was or from where he came. It's probable that he was the villain known as Red-Hood who apparently died just before The Joker's first crime-spree, but that's mere speculation.

What is known is that The Joker is one of Batman's most persistent, dangerous, and unpredictable enemies. He is completely insane, guided almost entirely by a twisted sense of fun, and may often act against his own interests just to keep things lively.

Don't let his bad puns and clownish antics fool you, though, he is completely without morality and will thoughtlessly commit acts of mass murder on a whim.
What is gadget pool modular abs?
Darkhol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:59 AM   #304
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhol View Post
What is gadget pool modular abs?
The Joker is known for having a wide variety of highly lethal novelty gadgets at his disposal, for example joy buzzers that can electrocute someone and plastic flowers that spray acid or Joker venom gas. (And that's just two off the top of my head.) The Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson, and Mark Hammil (animated) versions all captured the feel of this. The variety is constantly changing, too. One of the ways to handle this is by using Modular Abilities with Physical Only to represent building such things as Gadget-based Advantages.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #305
Darkhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
The Joker is known for having a wide variety of highly lethal novelty gadgets at his disposal, for example joy buzzers that can electrocute someone and plastic flowers that spray acid or Joker venom gas. (And that's just two off the top of my head.) The Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson, and Mark Hammil (animated) versions all captured the feel of this. The variety is constantly changing, too. One of the ways to handle this is by using Modular Abilities with Physical Only to represent building such things as Gadget-based Advantages.
The direction of my question is different, I want to know what it original cost for slot and points, like for standard mod abs or different, or what
Old 03-03-2018, 12:50 PM   #306
Phantasm

Quote:
The direction of my question is different, I want to know what it original cost for slot and points, like for standard mod abs or different, or what
Ah, my bad. *looks at sheet* Well, I can't speak for aesir23 - I haven't seen him around the forums in a while :( - but I can hazard a guess.

The way I'd do it, based on what he has, is either ModAb (Chip Slots), which is 5 points base and 3 points per point of abilities, or ModAb (External Reconfigurable Mechanisms) from Supers, which is 6 points base and 3 pointsper point of abilities. I just haven't run the math - he's just giving us the raw GCA printout - to see which he's using.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:14 AM   #307
Darkhol

Quote:
Taking a break from the JSA to present their most interesting villain:

Villain: Vandal Savage

Alias: Vandar Adg, Khafre the great, Julius Ceaser, Edward "Blackbeard" Teach, Jack the Ripper, Vlad the Impaler.

Affiliations: The Religion of Crime, Secret Society of Super Villains

Notable Enemies: Scandal Savage, Alan Scott, Barry Allen, The JSA, The JLA, Resurrection Man, The Secret Six.

52,000 years ago, Vandar Adg was chieftain of the Blood Tribe a war-like band of hunter-gathers in what is now Palestine. He was a cruel and brutal leader, and, he claims, the inventor of cannibalism

A strange meteor landed near where Vandar was hunting, giving off radiation that activated Vandar's Meta-Gene. He gained a genius intellect, nearly superhuman physical prowess, and functional immortality. Power enough to making him the greatest conqueror and warlord the world has ever seen.

Vandal Savage was quite likely the world's first meta-human, and is certainly the oldest person on earth. Down through the ages he has fought in countless wars and ruled several kingdoms. He has also served as a secret advisor to several of history's great men (including Napoleon and Hitler), and has been several others, including Julius Ceaser and the pirate Blackbeard.

As millennia have passed, however, Savage's powers have begun to struggle to maintain his eternal life. Now, in order to reinvigorate his powers, he must periodically consume the flesh and blood of his own descendants. Fortunately he has many bloodlines to choose from (his most famous descendants are hero Roy Harper (Arsenal) and anti-villain Scandal Savage (leader of the Secret Six).

Recently, the leadership of the Religion of Crime has decided that Vandal is, in fact, the biblical Cain--first murderer and founder of their religion. Vandal is more than happy to take advantage of their belief for his own purposes and at this point, it's unclear who's manipulating whom.

Vandal Savage is motivated only by his own self-interests and is completely without conscience or scruples. He is a living contradiction--a brilliant tactician and criminal master-mind but also a brutal and unpredictable savage. In short, he is as dangerous as he is ancient.

Notes: Because of his tirelessness, (Regeneration (Fatigue)) Vandal Savage can make almost limited use of extra-effort in combat.

I'd like to find ways to make him more powerful, especially as a "master-mind" type villain, without hurting his flavor too much.

I'd love any feedback and suggestions.
Animal instinct talent, what is it? I can't find it
Old 03-04-2018, 10:35 AM   #308
Not another shrubbery

That's a House Rule Talent created by aesir23 some time ago. See this old post.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #309
Darkhol

Ugh, gurps super hero topics produce a lot of questions
Old 03-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #310
Otaku

Quote:
Ugh, gurps super hero topics produce a lot of questions

There aren't a lot of GURPS topics that won't produce a lot of questions if you go deep enough and people are paying attention. ;)
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, dc comics, phantasm, superman, supers, vonkatzen