Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #1
Drakyrias

Default Help creating an Immortal

The version of Immortals I'm trying to create are vaguely like the Highlander series, but with the caveats

1. that they can manifest their own blades. I'd actually like this blade to be something they have to acquire and bond themselves, but need a proper systematic to base this from. An immortal can only be permanently be killed by another immortal with their bonded blade.

2. When an immortal kills another immortal they will take on characteristics of the one they slay unless their will is exceptionally strong. This can even extend to their physical appearance altering subtly/dramatically.

Looking for help with some proper systems to base these features from. I'd like the 2nd trait to work as a potential drawback as much as a blessing. While in Highlander the Quickening let them gain the strength of the slain, this could actually lead to them getting their foibles and disads too.

As far as the actual mechanisms for the immortality I'm using a modified Undying, and Resurrection combination.
Drakyrias is offline   Reply With Quote