Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 07-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #1
clinkz

Default Death

Hi,

I'm confused about what rules said. Dead character can not receive cards for any reason, then when the next player begins, he or she can receive Charity or Gifts from other players.
Does gifts mean cards in play or cards in hands ?

So while I'm dead until my next turn, can I be able to have Charity or level up or help others with my own level ?

And can I keep disaster that hit me when I died besides my class ?

Thanks in advance
clinkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Death

You are dead until the next player starts his turn, not until your next turn. That means that the period you're actually dead is only a little longer than it takes for everyone to loot your body and ooh and aah over their new stuff.

"Gifts" are Items players "trade" with you when you give them nothing in return.

There are conditions where you might get a card if you weren't dead. Perhaps you died while running away during combat in which you were the helper, but the person you helped did not; you also happen to be lowest Level and the player whose turn it is had too many cards in his hand. Because you are dead, you don't get the Charity. You might have died as a the main combatant or the helper, and then the other player got Bad Stuff that would allow you to take one of his cards. Being dead, you can not take that card.

However, as I said above, once the next player's turn starts, you come back to life, you can receive cards from other players or for any reason, and when your turn comes around, you'll get 8 new cards (4 from each deck).
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:37 AM   #3
clinkz

Default Re: Death

thanks that helps alot
clinkz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death