Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-26-2018, 02:27 PM   #1
Lameth

Default “Don’t see me/us” psi power help

I’m trying to find or create the two apsionic abilities seen in X-Men films. And psionic abilities.

The first would be a “don’t see me/us, we are not here” basically ignoring the psi, or her group, and effecting a single person or area of effect. Just not caring about or paying attention to the psi any who she chooses. And they don’t remember them either after they leave.

Second will be what you see Charles do....everyone just stops moving in place and is locked, while he or others move around them. Either effecting one person or an area. I guess a powerful daze maybe?
Lameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #2
smurf
Banned

Default Re: “Don’t see me/us” psi power help

Illusion in Supers may cover it.

Mod wise affects an area (bigger the area the more point - kerr ching)

If you want to extend it to friends, then you need to affect others which does not affect eachother.

Possible solutions lend ability to others insofar as you are the controller (within range etc).

Enusre others can see 'the hidden/invisible'. Hopefully there will not be too many Weirdness Magnets and you see a whole other bunch of invisible people.

If you have seen the film Push, the Anti Psis could be detected by what is not there - or places that cannot be seen, something is hiding in that spot etc.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
Refplace

Illusion is in Powers, not Supers.
You could use Illusion or Invisibility with the Glamour limitation (I think also in Powers).
I agree, Affliction Daze is probably the cheapest way to do the frozen in place thing.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:32 PM   #4
Lameth

Ok I am a little confused.

If I wanted to make it Obscure or Chameleon, but make it psionic based. Not sure which one is better, Obscure or Chameleon, maybe Obscure [fitting the description below]?

So would it be built with Obscure No Memory, Light encumbrance, Requires concentrate, Switchable, Extended [All senses], Verses machines. Right?

Also, if I want it to also effect her team around her as well, would I add Area Effect, with selective Area? therefore everyone in that area around her would also be gifted with the effect? Or is that Aura?

I see the ability as her being able to walk through a mall and all those seeing her are effected by the ability, even if they are watching her through a camera. But if you go back you will see her on the recording maybe. If she bumps into someone, they will simply ignore it [no memory enhancement]. She can effect herself, and if those are close to her, they can also be effected by it if she wanted as she sees fit. She cant be fighting and running while using, if requires deep mental concentration.

so how would it be built?
Old 08-27-2018, 01:04 AM   #5
Refplace

Obscure blinds the sense so would no do what you wanted, even with Stealthy.
I would go with Invisible (Affects Others, +50%; Area Effect, +50%; Forcefield, +20%) and add extra Area Effect till you had enough area.
Though that will make people invisible who walk into your area, so you might just go with more levels of Affects others.
Its a pricey power, though it should be.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:40 AM   #6
johndallman
Night Watchman

Psionic Powers, p. 66, has the Mind Clouding power, which is based on Chameleon, with substantial modifications. I've had good use out of it.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:52 AM   #7
Culture20

When Charles, Jean, Rachael, or Emma engage this ability, the X-Men can walk and talk out in the open, interact with objects in plain sight, and sometimes even bump into people without incident. It’s almost like a constant selective amnesia more than it is invivisibility+perfect-stealth.
They’re also picked up by cameras (unless they’re the X-Men who were enchanted to be camera-proof), so Kitty, Beast, or Forge will disable cameras as needed.

The invis part is easy to do by the rules, and possibly even the “you can make noise, but only your friends can hear you”, but opening doors, lifting objects, etc. is beyond the scope of anything except mind-control+induced amnesia.

see previews of this comic for examples:
https://mobilestore.marvel.com/House...tal-comic/3005

Last edited by Culture20; 08-27-2018 at 11:34 AM.
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:19 AM   #8
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lameth View Post
I’m trying to find or create the two apsionic abilities seen in X-Men films. And psionic abilities.

The first would be a “don’t see me/us, we are not here” basically ignoring the psi, or her group, and effecting a single person or area of effect. Just not caring about or paying attention to the psi any who she chooses. And they don’t remember them either after they leave.

Second will be what you see Charles do....everyone just stops moving in place and is locked, while he or others move around them. Either effecting one person or an area. I guess a powerful daze maybe?

The first is Invisibility with the Glamour Limitation
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #9
Lameth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture20 View Post
When Charles, Jean, Rachael, or Emma engage this ability, the X-Men can walk and talk out in the open, interact with objects in plain sight, and sometimes even bump into people without incident. It’s almost like a constant selective amnesia more than it is invivisibility+perfect-stealth.
They’re also picked up by cameras (unless they’re the X-Men who were enchanted to be camera-proof), so Kitty, Beast, or Forge will disable cameras as needed.

The invis part is easy to do by the rules, and possibly even the “you can make noise, but only your friends can hear you”, but opening doors, lifting objects, etc. is beyond the scope of anything except mind-control+induced amnesia.

see previews of this comic for examples:
https://mobilestore.marvel.com/House...tal-comic/3005
then perhaps it simply is Invisibility; Area Effect, Effects Others, Glamour, Requires concentrate, and Extended for all senses, and No Memory. So this would allow invisibility, simply as a glamour, and the if effects sight, smell, hearing, ect, and then if you bump into the person, the No Memory effect kicks in for that duration. right?
Old 08-27-2018, 12:49 PM   #10
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lameth View Post
So this would allow invisibility, simply as a glamour, and the if effects sight, smell, hearing, ect, and then if you bump into the person, the No Memory effect kicks in for that duration. right?
Where is No Memory from, exactly? I don't recall that being written up as an Invisibility-specific enhancement, and it's not a general one, either. If you're inventing it, what are you pricing it at?
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote