Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 05-29-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
Jarl Wilm

Default Stealthy Question

I'm still unclear on the "Stealthy" designation. I'd appreciate a clarification on how that works. What does it mean to say Glassjaw is "stealthy"? Can he not be hit by Loot committed to fight him? Can he still be targeted by Zorched while in the Stash?

In particular, I just got two Dorksteel Helmet cards. It's a rank 0 item that does nothing, except in the text it has the word "Stealthy." A Facebook respondent suggests that this means the item itself is Stealthy, and (using the description from Glassjaw) that means the item can't be targeted. But what would be the point of targeting a Loot which has no other ability? Now, if it makes the Hero Stealthy, that could be pretty cool. So am I a Wizard who can't be targeted, or a Wizard with a bucket on his head who merely THINKS no one can see him?
Jarl Wilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
Devin Lewis
Munchkin Associate Dev

Default Re: Stealthy Question

Stealthy means the card with the ability cannot be targeted by cards or abilities that require a target.

Glassjaw can be blocked with a weapon, but he can't be the target of the Zorch mischief.

The Dorksteel hat is a promo card that does nothing. There are a small number of cards that can benefit from this by nature of it being a loot and being a trinket, but otherwise it's fairly useless. The nature of CCG's mean that promo cards can't be too powerful, otherwise you run the risk of making a card that not everyone has access to which will drive the price up drastically.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #3
Jarl Wilm

So, Glassjaw can be blocked, but can he be hit by a weapon? I would guess not. Does that mean he can't be hit even when Stashed? Is there anything that can kill him, besides Smite Unseen or other things that affect unexposed cards?

Last edited by Jarl Wilm; 05-29-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #4
Devin Lewis
Munchkin Associate Dev

A weapon will deal damage to him. Stealthy just means abilities can't target the card. Weapons aren't targeting anything.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:54 PM   #5
Jarl Wilm

Thank you for your help. I guess I'll take the bucket off my head now.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:09 AM   #6
DeviantDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarl Wilm View Post
Thank you for your help. I guess I'll take the bucket off my head now.
Don't be too hasty with that bucket. There's still a lot of scary stuff out there.
DeviantDuck is offline   Reply With Quote