Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 08-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #181
43Supporter

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magesmiley View Post
The walk around has to be done from a distance of 15', if I recall.
I can still see the underside of a car from 15' away; resolution may not be so good, tho'. (And we all know why it's 15', right? :) )

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:47 PM   #182
swordtart

Underbody DWs may also allow you to drop on the centre line of your vehicle if the 1/3 spaces per facing rule is crimping your style (because of your rear mounted ATG for example).

The walk round doesn't identify specific weapons, only weapon types (e.g "Dropped Solid"). You may incorrectly assume that an MD under is a likely candidate.

The comment "may only be placed on the rear of a vehicle. Any other placement would endanger the user!" is exactly my point about prohibitions versus common sense that may have been over taken by events (i.e. rules changes to equipment in later editions).

If you are not worried about endangering your own vehicle (for whatever reason) then you can mount weapons in these "prohibited" places.

I don't necessarily have an issue with being directly over my own oil. At normal combat speeds, you would have a very narrow margin to generate a hazard on me that would get the oils bonus for. As it is laid after movement, I only have to avoid hazards or manoeuvre's for the next phase.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:53 AM   #183
Racer

Not sure if it's been mentioned before , but Oversized Vehicles do not seem to benefit from being Streamlined ?

Just designed a long range Streamlined Luxury 40'Bus with a Large PP w/PCs & it's Top Speed is 140mph , rather than the 155mph I've calculated . Minor thing but thought you'd like to know :-)
Old 09-26-2017, 07:55 PM   #184
ammulder

It's a good point. I see streamlining described only in the car design rules, but the text does say "any vehicle body"... So, I guess, why not?
ammulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:30 AM   #185
ShotGun_Jolly

Would it be a considerably difficult task to add the Chassis and Crossbow contruction rules to the Garage?

Just a feature I always wanted to see in any of the previous builder.

Jolly
Old 09-29-2017, 05:28 AM   #186
ammulder

Where are the latest Chassis & Crossbow rules?
Old 09-29-2017, 09:45 AM   #187
Magesmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammulder View Post
Where are the latest Chassis & Crossbow rules?
Dueltrack has the latest rules.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:53 PM   #188
Racer

Slightly updated Rules for primitive Electric Power Plants and other bits are in 'The Mutant Zone' Adventure in ADQ # 7/2 . Accessories like the Running Boards mentioned , could easily be included in Vehicles of any Era . I had used them on my Military Campers & Jeeps recently .
Old 09-29-2017, 06:44 PM   #189
ammulder

WARNING: another painful change of hosting provider coming soon.

Last time this happened I moved to Red Hat OpenShift, but now at the end of September they're shutting down the platform I was on. I guess I can't super-complain because the total they charged me for the last few years was $0... but so long as I'm being forced to transition, I'm going to move the back end to Amazon where I've had better luck with another app I maintain.

So: starting tomorrow night you should expect some problems. Probably it'll take a while for the DNS change to propagate and so you might get nothing at all, and then once you start seeing the site again, probably not everything is going to work right away.

I know for sure you will have to create a new account, but as long as you provide the same e-mail address as before, the new account should link up to your existing designs and etc. (If you need to use a different e-mail, let me know at ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu and we can work it out.)

My priorities are to have creating the new account and signing in working first, then loading and saving your own designs, then generating the PDF for a design, then searching/viewing stock cars, then rating/commenting on stock cars, then admin stuff such as reviewing stock car submissions, then whatever's left.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #190
ammulder

Hmm... it seems I've gotten lucky and they haven't taken the old site down when they said they were going to. So I'm planning to leave it running and try to get more of the work done on the new back end before I switch over.

Thus now, instead of a specific date, I have a more nebulous "in the near future"... but hopefully with fewer functional issues when the transition ultimately hits.