Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-15-2022, 06:20 PM   #1
LeahDedmon

Default Lose all cards in your hand

Card specifies that you lose your hand/items. What do you do on your next turn? Iz it like after you are DEAD and draw new sets of cards?
LeahDedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:20 AM   #2
Mr_Draco

Default Re: Lose all cards in your hand

What is the name of the card in question. It's easier to help if we can see what the card says.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 09:02 AM   #3
Drizzt.DoUrden

Don’t know if this question was answered. I have the same doubt. One card that force you to lose all items and cards in your hand is The Wight Brothers monster card

Last edited by Drizzt.DoUrden; 01-29-2022 at 09:52 AM.
Drizzt.DoUrden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 02:16 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt.DoUrden View Post
Don’t know if this question was answered. I have the same doubt. One card that force you to lose all items and cards in your hand is The Wight Brothers monster card
The Wright Brothers doesn't make you discard, they make you level 1.

As for discarding your hand, on your next turn you only get to draw 1 card from the door pile. You are treated just like anyone who played all their cards through normal means. You are not dead so drawing 4 cards and filling up your hand does not apply.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:18 AM   #5
Drizzt.DoUrden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
The Wright Brothers doesn't make you discard, they make you level 1.

As for discarding your hand, on your next turn you only get to draw 1 card from the door pile. You are treated just like anyone who played all their cards through normal means. You are not dead so drawing 4 cards and filling up your hand does not apply.
Spanish version of the card is different. In this version the card doesnt make you level 1 but forces you to lose all items and discard all cards in your hand. It also says that decreases 2 levels even if you run away. So in this case if you are level 4 and lose the battle you become a level 2 with no items, hopping to meet a level 1 monster or begging for some help

Last edited by Drizzt.DoUrden; 02-01-2022 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:49 PM   #6
Devin Lewis
Munchkin Associate Dev

Some of the higher level monsters really are quite brutal.

Anything that makes you discard your hand or all your Items, but doesn't kill you just means you play on like normal. You can ask for help to get more treasures and levels, you can loot the room when you don't find a monster to help rebuild your hand, or if you can manage it, die to get a new starting hand.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone from fully loaded with Items and cards to nothing in this game. However, it's generally not too hard to get back in the game.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:50 PM   #7
Drizzt.DoUrden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Lewis View Post
Some of the higher level monsters really are quite brutal.

Anything that makes you discard your hand or all your Items, but doesn't kill you just means you play on like normal. You can ask for help to get more treasures and levels, you can loot the room when you don't find a monster to help rebuild your hand, or if you can manage it, die to get a new starting hand.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone from fully loaded with Items and cards to nothing in this game. However, it's generally not too hard to get back in the game.
Thanks, You have already answered by doubt. I think that the card in Spanish is not balanced. It makes you lose 2 levels even if you escape. And removes all items and cards in your hand. It may leave you in level 2 with no bonus waiting for a level 1 monster or get help. Otherwise you stuck forever

Last edited by Drizzt.DoUrden; 02-01-2022 at 08:28 PM.