Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 01-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #431
Irish Wolf

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Sadly, while that clip is available in the dankest parts of the bottomless pit, it's not available in the US... :-(

If you break the laws of God, you go to Hell.

If you break the laws of Physics, you go to Sweden and receive a Nobel Prize.
Irish Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #432
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Wolf View Post
Sadly, while that clip is available in the dankest parts of the bottomless pit, it's not available in the US... :-(
What do you mean? YouTube blocks your IP from watching it?

(If so, then I admit that I have a slight spark of joy, because usually it's the USA sites that won't allow me to watch something.)
Old 01-05-2010, 03:19 AM   #433
Johnny Angel

During a D&D campaign quite a few years back, the party I was in had to seek out a Gnome inventor to get some special equipment for a quest. The party entered the workshop of the Gnome, and the GM's description included the following:

"...you walk in and see him working, off in the corner."

However, I'm pretty sure that all of the players at the table heard what he said as the following:

"...you walk in and see him working-off in the corner."

Needless to say, everyone on the player side of the table gave each other a glance and started to chuckle to themselves. After the GM realized what we were laughing about, he clarified his statement.
Johnny Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #434
SCHIFTY

Last night's Shadowrun game: We've got wetwork to do, and the target lives in an apartment tower with reasonable security. One of the PC's, male and moderately chromed, calls a contact who's a PI and asks him for the "embarrassing messenger uniform" (i.e., a dress). The PC put's it on, and I call, "Klingergram!"
Old 01-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #435
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

At work, in a meeting:

S: "I even put together a schedule for the training." *hands laser-printed schedule to Boss*
Boss: "Great. S, do you have this electronically?"
Me: "No, she just writes really, really neat."
J: "Wow."
Me: "Here's your sign."

same meeting, later.

G: *quietly laughing to himself*
Boss: "G, what's so funny?"
G: *shakes his head* "It's nothing."
Me: "He's just now getting the 'she writes really neat' reference."
J: "Ouch, dude."
Boss: "Mark is on a roll today."
Me: "Bagles, actually."

Needless to say my work-filter had been turned off. My boss got to read every email I sent out that day, just to make sure I didn't say something I didn't mean to.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #436
The Benj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
At work, in a meeting:

S: "I even put together a schedule for the training." *hands laser-printed schedule to Boss*
Boss: "Great. S, do you have this electronically?"
Me: "No, she just writes really, really neat."
J: "Wow."
Me: "Here's your sign."

same meeting, later.

G: *quietly laughing to himself*
Boss: "G, what's so funny?"
G: *shakes his head* "It's nothing."
Me: "He's just now getting the 'she writes really neat' reference."
J: "Ouch, dude."
Boss: "Mark is on a roll today."
Me: "Bagles, actually."

Needless to say my work-filter had been turned off. My boss got to read every email I sent out that day, just to make sure I didn't say something I didn't mean to.
Well, that's not gaming-related, but it IS funny.
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #437
Humorme

Late at night after hours of gaming and devouring... chilly willies (popsicles)!
Me (having ate a rather large number of popsicles and near getting sick on sugar, deciding to devour the final remaining one): "Alright you alien spawn! You've had enough of me!" I'm not entirely certain why it was so funny, but no one has let it be forgotten.

A sci-fi game in which the PCs took it upon themselves to play Beavis and Butthead. In an airlock with no space suits after wrestling with an alien who had captured them and, lifting the alien above his head...
PC1: Heh, heh. Hey, Butthead. Open the airlock. I'll throw him out!
PC2: Huh. Huh, huh. Okay.
GM (me) dumbstruck staring at the players: You're opening the airlock?
PC2: Sure!
GM: Stares at the two players (very intelligent guys, mind you). "Are you certain?"
The two players look at each other wondering what my problem is, shrug and simultaneously: "Yeah!" Then the look of apprehension swept over their faces just as I reply:
GM: Okay. You open the airlock...

A game of Earth Dawn where the GM has us infiltrating a prison for some reason. The GM had created a new enemy to try on the party that he dubbed the "Combat Mage". Party consisted of a munchkin player who had a very large rock man weilding a very large mace.
GM: You come to a landing. Across the way, a shadowed archway guards a set of stairs that lead down. A figure blocks the archway. He is dressed in a completely black robe and you can barely see-
Rock man player: I run across the way and hit him with my mace!
GM: What? Fine. Roll attack.
Player: How's that!
GM (highly annoyed): Fine. Damage? (pause) Are you kidding!? Fine! The mage crumples under your blow and rolls down the stairs to land in a limp heap at the bottom. I spent 8 hours making him! There's another one!

"There's another one!" seemed to become a running theme when we dispatched his super villains in two turns.

An adventure where one PC played a deaf mute (we'll call her K). Myself as the GM...
GM: You enter the tavern.
K: I go and sit at the bar.
PC2: I look around for the shady character in question and sit myself at the table across from him.
After questioning the shady NPC:
GM: The man stands up, whips out a dagger, and thunks it loudly into the table. K, you hear-
K: No I don't.

Later in the game.

GM: You come to a large divide in the cavern. It spans from wall to wall and is about 10 feet across.
K: I lean down and try to see how deep it is.
GM: You cannot see the bottom.
K: I drop a gold coin down the chasm and wait.
GM: Okay, the coin disappears from sight.
K: What do I hear?
GM: Nothing. Mark off a coin.

Another adventure...
Me: There sure are a lot of dumb statues in this area. I wonder what the point in that was...
Old 01-10-2010, 04:41 AM   #438
Hans Rancke-Madsen

One of my players was eating a big burger in a hurry and getting some of the lettuce and mayo on his face. Another player remarked that it looked like the burger was eating the player, and a third player chimed in with this slogan:
"Cthulhu Burger! Eat it before it eats you!"

Hans
Hans Rancke-Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #439
Humorme

This is more of a memorable moment more-so than a particular quote, but it's worth mentioning.

In a wizards tower in a certain PC's first RPG experience. We'll just call her "K". ^.^ K just so happens to have a mythril hammer that "reflects" magic. She could use it to reflect/deflect certain types of spells. Like a tennis ball and a raquet! Also an NPC who was blind but could see life force and magic auras. Infiltrating a wizard's tower, they encounter a large orb of pure magic.

GM: You enter a room. Before you is a bluish orb about 3 feet in diameter. It's shimmering. You can feel power radiating from it as it seems to be levitating in the center of the room.
PC2 to the NPC: What do you see?
NPC: I see a ball of magic floating in the room. What is it?
K: Looks like a ball of blue.
PC2: Is it alive?
NPC: All I see is a magic orb. Looks to be about 3 feet in diameter. I don't see any life aura.
K: I run up and whack it with my hammer!
PC2 as he goes into slow motion, diving to the floor along with the NPC: Nooooooooo!

Fortunately for them, the shattering of the magic ended up not doing much damage, but did leave the entire party soaking wet in ice-cold water.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #440
Koshka

My Sunday group starts out with lunch and keeps nibbling throughout. (Not like that's unusual ... ;) .) Yesterday, one of the nearby grocery stores had decorated cupcakes on sale, which produced this line:

"Sorry about the Valentine's decorations, but it was that or Spongebob and we're not playing Cthulhu."
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
actual play, funny