Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:39 PM   #71
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Kickstarter - Ogre Miniatures Set 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
Oh, and a question: I know you don't like to talk about future stuff too much, but are there any theoretical plans to make minis using the Combine sculpts as well? I'm debating whether or not to get a reverse color set now, or just wait until real Combine armor is available...
We will have to see how this project plays out before we spend much time on future sets.
Add my name to groing list of people who definitely back a Combine set as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
If we hit all of the posted stretch goals, you should be able to play many variations of the Mark V scenario (including a 4-HWTZ defense). Are there niche options such as all HVY that won't be covered? - sure. But I think if we can get this to 8 GEV - 8 HVY - 6 MSL - 4 HWTZ in the base set, that will leave a lot of room for defense options.
Okay... bear with me because it's late and my brain is tired... so...

If every (current) stretch goal is hit a single set will have 41 minis. The further Add-On sets will each have 41 minis as well?

If so... I'm in for two sets. Maybe 4. I'm still scraping money together for the DF Kickstarter add-ons...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:02 PM   #72
Mack_JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
If every (current) stretch goal is hit a single set will have 41 minis. The further Add-On sets will each have 41 minis as well?
You've got it. Every $30 pledge will include whatever stretch goals are acheived during the campaign. So if we hit the $60K SG, we'll all get 41 minis per box, in each box we pledge for. Four boxes will then get you 164 minis (eight of which will be Ogres!).
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:46 PM   #73
ParadoxGames

Thanks for all the detailed explanations. I figures out much of the info on my own, though I'm pretty new to crowdfunding pledging. Explaining the backerkit extras (poster and reverse color models) and how they're obtained also will prompt me to make an additional pledge within the campaign period, when my budget allows. I want to do what I can to help meet as many goals as possible for my fellow combatants.
ParadoxGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #74
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
You've got it. Every $30 pledge will include whatever stretch goals are acheived during the campaign. So if we hit the $60K SG, we'll all get 41 minis per box, in each box we pledge for. Four boxes will then get you 164 minis (eight of which will be Ogres!).
Ugh.

Maybe I can learn to live off sunlight and air, instead of food.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #75
pigasuspig

Is there any chance of reasonable shipping rates to China? I have seen other miniatures gaming Kickstarters manufactured in China do this. Would greatly increase my desire to back.
pigasuspig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:13 AM   #76
Dave Crowell

I heard a rumor that if the campaign reaches one billion dollars in pledges Evil Stevie is going to build a real, live, working 1:1 scale Ogre.

Let's make that happen. Anything less than that and will just be an ordinary Kickstarter. He won't even build a Light Tank.
Dave Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:19 AM   #77
Ashley

This is great and I wish you all the very best in taking this KS to completion.

However, I have enough basic miniatures to already satisfy my needs, wants is another matter of course, but I think you've missed a trick by not having the Combine basic units.

Furthermore, sadly in my opinion because more Ogreverse goodness is always a good thing, no laser tower or turrets, Vulcan's, Fencers or other Ogre variants.

Colour me sad.

Blogs:
http://panther6actual.blogspot.co.uk/
http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:09 AM   #78
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigasuspig View Post
Is there any chance of reasonable shipping rates to China? I have seen other miniatures gaming Kickstarters manufactured in China do this. Would greatly increase my desire to back.
I don't know if there's a big enough Ogre audience in China (!) to support it, but I suspect the minis will be manufactured and boxed on your side of the Pacific.

Maybe send a very polite private note to Phil to see if they can send a box for you in the local post instead of putting it on a pallet in an enormous shipping container on a huge NAC ogre transport ship they've repurposed for the project.

And consider becoming the local MIB for SJGames. That'd be awesome.

Last edited by dwalend; 11-11-2016 at 08:59 AM.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #79
Mack_JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Furthermore, sadly in my opinion because more Ogreverse goodness is always a good thing, no laser tower or turrets, Vulcan's, Fencers or other Ogre variants.
Well, things have to start someplace, and you may as well start with the base game. Hopefully it does very well, and the experience and contacts made in manufacturing lead to more development by SJG for the more obscure equipment.

For my money, laser towers and turrets are pretty easy to source elsewhere, same goes for other buildings.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #80
HunterS
Marketing Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigasuspig View Post
I don't know a shipping estimate for China at the moment, but currently I know our shipping deals are in Australia and the EU for international backers. I'll mention it to the higher ups, but no promises.
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote