Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #11
ColBosch

Default Re: Battle Box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
That's a fantastic suggestion! I'll pass it along to the team. Thanks, Stig!
Remember to include the "way too ****** many minis" tier, with ten copies of each!
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #12
TheAmishStig

Quote:
That moment when you're not sure if you're being teased, or whether it's genuine enthusiasm....

On the off chance it is enthusiasm: bring it on!

I really don't need another set of sets, especially if we end up keeping the momentum long enough to get Combine conventional units, Ogrethulhu, etc...but each additional set means either a new faction, an existing faction getting upgraded to double strength for big battles, dedicated 'husk' figures [which seems like a waste], or the ability to do something memorable.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:37 PM   #13
ColBosch

I am perfectly fine with SJ Games feeding my collector's urges with quality products. :D
Old 02-02-2018, 08:30 PM   #14
CON_Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
Remember to include the "way too ****** many minis" tier, with ten copies of each!
Oh, God. Watch Phil run with this one...
Old 02-02-2018, 09:00 PM   #15
ColBosch

Drew literally just sent out an update for Minis Set 2. The Battle Box will be included in that project's fulfillment (so your gray minis, rulebook, map, and die will be inside the Battle Box, inside the Many Minis shipping box), and will also be available at retail.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:38 PM   #16
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
(Then watch, Set 3 KS will include a new color, and all 3 sets in that color...)
Oh, yeah . . . ! (I'm thinking purple . . . )
<grin>

Quote:
On it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
SJG should be commended for the extremely reasonable pricing on the Ogre/GEV miniatures. Of course, that's resulted in me buying far more of them, but whatcha gonna do?
At $0.20 per mini (the Many Minis pledge level), how can you not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
Another great suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
I really don't need another set of sets, especially if we end up keeping the momentum long enough to get Combine conventional units, Ogrethulhu, etc...but each additional set means either a new faction, an existing faction getting upgraded to double strength for big battles, dedicated 'husk' figures [which seems like a waste], or the ability to do something memorable.
The Combine conventional units are next on the drawing board. More to come.
And don't we all play games "to do something memorable"? Those shared moments with friends where you stop the Ogre one hex from your CP, or roll a critical hit while on your last hit point, or make the bootlegger turn with one tire shot out to blow away your final opponent in the arena - these are the moments you treasure, playing games you love with people who matter.

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #17
43Supporter

Reminds: I need to find out if there's any way to boost my pledge from "Many Minis" to "Too Many Minis" -- I figure if the noose is around my neck, I may as well jump off the horse.... :)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:24 PM   #18
ColBosch

If you mean for the Set 2 Kickstarter, no, it's too late. This was done purely through Kickstarter, without Backerkit, so once the campaign ended all pledges were locked in.

That said, I suspect you should be able to buy another set through Warehouse 23 after the backer shipments go out.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:45 PM   #19
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Oh, yeah . . . ! (I'm thinking purple . . . )
The ones you teased us with during the Minis 2 KS looked quite nice, yes...and the black ones that came in my Armory look just plain sinister.

Quote:
The Combine conventional units are next on the drawing board. More to come.
D.
*Sighs in resignation, throws wallet on the floor* There. Take it. It's going to be easier for both of us this way...

Quote:
And don't we all play games "to do something memorable"? Those shared moments with friends where you stop the Ogre one hex from your CP, or roll a critical hit while on your last hit point, or make the bootlegger turn with one tire shot out to blow away your final opponent in the arena - these are the moments you treasure, playing games you love with people who matter.

D.
Oh absolutely! But with the way I tend to get that "Oooh, shiny" look in my eyes when something captures my imagination, that's just the beginning.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #20
ColBosch

I actually missed out on Armory Set 1. Not too big a deal, I can just buy multiples of the standard Set 1 as I want them. Besides, I've got a huge pile of metal to work through before Set 2 arrives.