Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Old 02-06-2021, 01:12 PM   #1
Fred Brackin

Default Engineering for Humaniti in the 3I

I happened to be re-reading Gurps:Humaniti recently and soem statitics stuck in my head this time.

The natives of Sylea (otherwise known as Capitol) average 6'10 in height. Outside the 3I Darrians are the same height and Dynchians average 7'1. So I'm guessing o=that in Imperial public buildings, Imperial Navy ships and starport hotels generally doorways are higher than a Terran average.

Going the other way, Geonee average 4'11 but weigh 160lbs so Navy bunks are probably not only longer but wider and perhaps even adjustable for height above the deck. The same for desks, chairs, tables and even the seats in the fresher.

60% of Syleans are left-handed so i suspect that 3I standards are serious about ambidextrous controls on important items.

10% of Syleans are albinos too so hats, gloves and sunglasses are always optionally allowed items for Imperial uniforms (off-ship at least). Sunblock will also be stocked generously. Of course, there are inhabited planets where Vilani and Solomani will need these items.

As for the hats, the common Solomani "baseball cap" is a little minimal. Syleans might favor a "French Foreign Legion" rig with its' cloth cover for the ears and neck.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031088.../rm2914569728/

It might also be popular with paranoids if made out of ballistic fiber. The tailored armor rules in UT might be enough but LT would also be useful with its' notes on brims and "aventails".

Beyond Humaiti Aslan avetrage slightly larger than Solomani but unless they G-adapt in the same way and to the same degree they'll fit in easily enough. Vegans average quite tall but probably fit in the extremes for low-G humans. I don't think they travel widely anyway.

Beyond these visions of tall left-handed albinos who've joined La Legion Etrangerre does anybody else have some factoids that need to be taken into consideration?