Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
raniE

Default [High-Tech]Where's my weapon? or stats for FN FNC

So, looking through the, rather voluminous, chapter on weapons in HT, I couldn't help but notice there are no stats for the FN FNC. Now sure, there are stats for a lot of other, similar, weapons, but as the FNC, in the form of the Swedish licence-made Ak5 version, is the only assault rifle, or firearm of any kind actually, that I have ever used, it would be nice to know what stats it would have, to be able to compare the other firearms in the tables with someting I know. Does anyone have any ideas regarding what stats this weapon should have? Damagewise I'm guessing it clocks in at about 5 dice of pi damage (due to 5.56x45mm ammunition) and it weighs around 8.5 pounds. But should it's accuracy be 4 or 5? RoF? Bulk? Rcl? Range? ST?

Thanks for any help.
raniE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Žorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Default Re: [High-Tech]Where's my weapon? or stats for FN FNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniE View Post
So, looking through the, rather voluminous, chapter on weapons in HT, I couldn't help but notice there are no stats for the FN FNC. Now sure, there are stats for a lot of other, similar, weapons, but as the FNC, in the form of the Swedish licence-made Ak5 version, is the only assault rifle, or firearm of any kind actually, that I have ever used, it would be nice to know what stats it would have, to be able to compare the other firearms in the tables with someting I know. Does anyone have any ideas regarding what stats this weapon should have? Damagewise I'm guessing it clocks in at about 5 dice of pi damage (due to 5.56x45mm ammunition) and it weighs around 8.5 pounds. But should it's accuracy be 4 or 5? RoF? Bulk? Rcl? Range? ST?

Thanks for any help.
I'd use the same numbers as the M16 has, as the FNC seems to be real close to that on size and weight.

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Žorkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Žorkell View Post
I'd use the same numbers as the M16 has, as the FNC seems to be real close to that on size and weight.
From the wikipedia description of the internal mechanisms it sounds similar.

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
HANS

The FFV Ak5 has Dmg 5d pi, Acc 5, Range 800/3,500, Wt. 9.6/1, RoF 11, Shots 30+1(3), ST 9+, Bulk -5*, Rcl 2, $670/$34, LC2.

(The Cost isn't a free market price but the replacement cost of the Swedish military. The rifle isn't available elsewhere, though, and has never been exported.)

Cheers

HANS

Last edited by HANS; 11-04-2009 at 01:21 AM.
HANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #5
Icelander

Damn, I went through all the trouble of looking up the FNC in a Pyramid article by HANS (Modern Firepower at the Movies), only to find out that he'd not only already answered this thread, but done so with more precision than I could supply (as Heat featured a law-enforcement version in semi-auto and with a shorter barrel).
Old 11-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
raniE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANS View Post
The FFV Ak5 has Dmg 5d pi, Acc 5, Range 800/3,500, Wt. 9.6/1, RoF 11, ST 9+, Bulk -5*, Rcl 2, $670/$34, LC2.

(The Cost isn't a free market price but the replacement cost of the Swedish military. The rifle isn't available elsewhere, though, and has never been exported.)

Cheers

HANS
Great! This is great, because now I have a clearer idea of what those numbers, especially bulk and Acc, on other guns mean in relation to reality (as this is a weapon I know fairly intimately). Thank you Hans, and thans for an excellent book as well.
raniE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high tech, high-tech