Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 05-18-2018, 11:59 AM   #71
dwalend

Default Re: Multiplayer Fridays

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
logs sent, but I just left the game running and it just now popped up. It looks "mostly" right, but says it's your turn.
Time for my GEV move...

...When is the reveal supposed to happen? I'd thought it was just before my first move, not just after. No good way to dodge that SHVY in any case.

I see two MSL guarding the NW shore of the lake, one SHVY just south of the two town hexes on the road, two GEVs - one on each flank, 3X 3 INF along the road, with a 2 INF north and west of the SHVY, 3INF due south of the SVHY, 3 INF in the woods, covering that critical clear hex off the lake, and the last 3 INF between the two MSL. Is that the whole list?
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #72
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
Time for my GEV move...

...When is the reveal supposed to happen? I'd thought it was just before my first move, not just after. No good way to dodge that SHVY in any case.

I see two MSL guarding the NW shore of the lake, one SHVY just south of the two town hexes on the road, two GEVs - one on each flank, 3X 3 INF along the road, with a 2 INF north and west of the SHVY, 3INF due south of the SVHY, 3 INF in the woods, covering that critical clear hex off the lake, and the last 3 INF between the two MSL. Is that the whole list?
That sounds about right. 6/6 AU and 20/20 INF

Assuming they followed the ODE scenario, "All defending units are revealed at the end of the attacker’s first movement phase." so that sounds about right, too.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #73
dwalend

Quote:
That sounds about right. 6/6 AU and 20/20 INF

Assuming they followed the ODE scenario, "All defending units are revealed at the end of the attacker’s first movement phase." so that sounds about right, too.
Arg. Looks like I just missed my GEV movement phase somehow. It was asking me to shoot roads, then said it was your turn.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #74
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Arg. Looks like I just missed my GEV movement phase somehow. It was asking me to shoot roads, then said it was your turn.
Yeah, it's showing it's my turn at this end, too. So at least it doesn't appear to be completely broken, just really odd in how it's presenting data. During that entire time, it was telling me it's my turn, but whenever I'd log on to the game, it would still be in some phase on your side.

It doesn't look like any turn phases were "lost" but it's still not cleanly recognizing when a full turn has been handed over.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #75
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Ok, had a relatively clean turn on my end. I've exited back to the lobby to see how it goes again. It still shows "[unknown's turn]" on my side for you.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:41 PM   #76
dwalend

I've picked up a second game as well - Train - but every time either of you finishes a turn the UI goes into an unusable state. I'll send a log file to Jake for that one in a minute.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:54 PM   #77
dwalend

Quote:
It still shows "[unknown's turn]" on my side for you.
You were you at the beginning, but after the last round of rebooting Steam, now you're Unknown, too.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:01 PM   #78
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

I'm starting to think this is falsely reporting it's my turn every phase rather than at the end of the turn. I just got another limbo "my turn but it isn't yet" notification.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #79
dwalend

I'm now getting "You have no ranked games.." in a dialog. Not looking good. I've got to get dinner on the table - Back on late tonight or tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #80
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
I'm now getting "You have no ranked games.." in a dialog. Not looking good. I've got to get dinner on the table - Back on late tonight or tomorrow.
Yeah, that's not very promising. I just got another notification that it's my turn, but it's waiting for you to do something. If you don't have an active game listed, we might be in trouble. I guess we'll just have to let it sit and hope it shakes loose like it did earlier.