Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 02-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #21
dwalend

Default Re: Multiplayer Fridays

Anyone on today?
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:38 AM   #22
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Not today. I'm packing for a weekend in St. Louis
Old 02-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #23
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
Anyone on today?
I just "lost" a game to gerollama. Before I had placed a single unit. What the heck was that? (And part of the UI seemed to think I won.) Now back to waiting.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:43 PM   #24
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Maybe later.

Edit: I have been on for a couple of hours now, BTW. No games yet.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 02-16-2018 at 05:21 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #25
Tim Kauffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
I just "lost" a game to gerollama. Before I had placed a single unit. What the heck was that? (And part of the UI seemed to think I won.) Now back to waiting.
Before moving on to other projects like http://www.aurochdigital.com/blog maybe they could have instead worked out all the issues with the OGRE PC game.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #26
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
Before moving on to other projects like http://www.aurochdigital.com/blog maybe they could have instead worked out all the issues with the OGRE PC game.
There's no reason to think they've abandoned Ogre, and such rumors are rarely helpful. Jake still responds to bug reports, and the Ogre dev team still seems active.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:34 PM   #27
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Maybe later.

Edit: I have been on for a couple of hours now, BTW. No games yet.
Had to head home from work and get the kids to bed. Sorry I missed you.

I'm not quite sure how to make it work. I can wait for a game to start for a few hours, logged about three or four hours of waiting during the day, but eventually need to unplug and go home. I'd be fine committing to play my first turn in two days, but I can't commit to an active connection for more than a few hours (and even that's an inconvenience).

Is there a better way to set up a two-player game? Did I just miss it in the instructions?
Old 02-20-2018, 04:39 AM   #28
AurochJake

Quote:
We are still working on Ogre and have further updates planned. I appreciate it's been a little while since the last update and you've been great with submitting reports and issues in that time. We recently confirmed that we have an update planned very soon (a matter of weeks) which we'll have more info on shortly.

We have several teams within Auroch working on different projects at any one time, which is necessary to keep doing what we love which is making games :)
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:54 PM   #29
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
We are still working on Ogre and have further updates planned. I appreciate it's been a little while since the last update and you've been great with submitting reports and issues in that time. We recently confirmed that we have an update planned very soon (a matter of weeks) which we'll have more info on shortly.

We have several teams within Auroch working on different projects at any one time, which is necessary to keep doing what we love which is making games :)
It's worth noting that this is a pretty normal cycle for application development. It's unreasonable to expect "all hands on deck until every bug is squashed" with exclusive attention to a single title. As much as it would be great for that to happen, it's not realistic to think Ogre is the only thing that deserves the company's attention. The ebb and flow of initial release, early bug fixes, and a lull while the priorities are assessed is to be expected. Unfortunately, what pays the bills it putting focus on "the next thing." Bug fixes are a diminishing return activity, so you have to minimize that work as much as possible to not lose money.

You can't expect bug fixes forever, so I'd rather see it take a bit longer to get them fixed properly the first time. As long as more updates come out in a reasonable amount of time, I don't see any issues with the pace.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #30
selenite

I'll be online this Friday, some time in the morning, some in the afternoon.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote