Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 11-30-2017, 11:16 AM   #1
AurochJake

Default Multiplayer Fridays

Hello!

After our recent Tanksgiving day, you demonstrated that there’s an appetite for co-ordinated multiplayer events so that you can find more opponents for asynchronous games of Ogre. That’s why we’re going to make every Friday a multiplayer day!

There are six key times on a Friday to be aware of, they are:

UK - 5PM, 7PM, 9PM, 11PM, 1AM, 3AM
Eastern - 12PM, 2PM, 4PM, 6PM, 8PM, 10PM
Pacific - 09AM, 11AM, 1PM, 3PM, 5PM, 7PM

To get involved, you need to be online and under the Ranked Matchmaking multiplayer tab at one or more of those times, then hit Play to search for an opponent.

Due to the way our system is structured, you only need to be online to matchmake with an opponent. Once a game is in progress you can safely log off, play another element of the game, or even exit the game entirely, and leave it for up to 24 hours before you need to return and take an action (or concede the match). You’ll also receive a notification within Steam when your opponent finishes their actions.

You can also participate in multiple games at once - simply repeat the steps above. To see your active games, go to the Multiplayer screen, and select 'Active Games'. You should see 'Ranked' and 'Custom' tabs, where each type of game is held.

As always, if you want even more Ogre multiplayer outside of these times, join the Auroch Digital Fans Steam Group and check the Members tab to see when other Ogre players are online, and you can add your details to the Multiplayer Meeting Post too.

Important note! We’re going to run these “official” Friday sessions for a trial period up until (and including) 26th January 2018 with reminders on our social media, and we have something very special planned for the end of the year with this too. But whether it continues in an officially organised capacity past that date is entirely down to whether there’s continued interest.

If you feel like this is something you’d like to see more of, please help us spread the word, encourage your friends to get involved, and if you have feedback on how it’s being run then let me know via jake@aurochdigital.com as I’m keen for this to be a collaborative effort between our studio and yourselves.

Important note #2! There will be a small hotfix to address a Scenario Creator-related issue tomorrow ahead of the event, just so you're aware.

Thanks!

Jake & the Auroch Digital team
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
piningforthefjords

Default Re: Multiplayer Fridays

I hope things went well last night and the event was a success. I had to work late so I couldn't participate. It's on my calendar for next Friday though!
Old 12-02-2017, 09:16 AM   #3
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

I was on a few times, but never managed to connect :-(
Old 12-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
selenite

I found one game, and got stomped. :)
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:52 AM   #5
TokyoDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
I was on a few times, but never managed to connect :-(
same here. but then I am in Tokyo and up when everyone else playing this game is probably in bed.
TokyoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:24 AM   #6
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDan View Post
same here. but then I am in Tokyo and up when everyone else playing this game is probably in bed.
I'm up a lot more than I should be. :-)
We just need to work out a time to get together and play some skirmishes directly.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:02 AM   #7
Keith E Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
I'm up a lot more than I should be. :-)
We just need to work out a time to get together and play some skirmishes directly.
That looks like it is going to end up being the way to get multiplayer value out of the game. And if you can find each other on Steam you can do a custom invite and pick scenario and side.
Keith E Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #8
J. Durr

If I'm understanding how Steam works, it looks like the most efficient way would be for all Ogre players to friend each other. That gives you a continually updated list of who's online - easy to pick one, message them and start a fight. Groups as such don't seem to give you that option.
J. Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:06 AM   #9
AurochJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Durr View Post
If I'm understanding how Steam works, it looks like the most efficient way would be for all Ogre players to friend each other. That gives you a continually updated list of who's online - easy to pick one, message them and start a fight. Groups as such don't seem to give you that option.
This might be best - the Auroch fan group is a good place to start as you can add people through there, or start chats to make sure people are online and available to play.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:23 AM   #10
AurochJake

Looking forward to the session later on today :)

It would be good to get an idea of how many players we can expect - if you're planning on getting involved, let me know in here, on the Steam forum, or in the Auroch Steam Group.

If you are unable to join in on these days or have any feedback on how these sessions are run/organised, I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to leave your thoughts in this discussion thread.

Thanks a lot!