Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2018, 12:01 PM   #32
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Multiplayer Fridays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
OK, stepping down from the soap box. Next person up?
The main issue I see right now is we've been getting a steady stream of "there's an update coming in a few weeks" with no indication of what will be in it, or what "in a few weeks" means. We are now approaching "a few months" since the last update which, even being generous, is starting to wear pretty thin (and that's a lot coming from me).

Honestly, I don't _want_ to see a marketing push until that update happens. The game is still a buggy mess and it was a mistake putting it out in the condition it was in at launch. The reason it didn't catch on wasn't because Ogre is a bad game, it fell flat because what people were being asked to pay $25 for honestly wasn't worth $25. People new to Ogre had no issues giving it a hard pass because the value wasn't there based on the myriad of lackluster reviews because the core of the game needed a LOT of work (and still needs a lot more).

I want to see more beta testing, and a solid product for the 2nd pass at trying to push the game.