Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 05-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #31
Kitsune

Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

From my German point of view I can only say: I have seen some stupid threads about some stupid topics in my time but this one really takes the biscuit. You guys should really get out and run a bit around the block. Perhaps the fresh air helps to get your brains back to normal working temperature.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #32
jason taylor

Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

Welcome back, Kitsune.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #33
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
From my German point of view I can only say: I have seen some stupid threads about some stupid topics in my time but this one really takes the biscuit. You guys should really get out and run a bit around the block. Perhaps the fresh air helps to get your brains back to normal working temperature.
Now relax Kitsune. Just slot yourself into the game as an anti-Nazi German spying on Jaddis and reporting her actions to the allies while you work for the liberation of Germany from the Nazis. We know very well not all German were either dupes or villains.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #34
jason taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Now relax Kitsune. Just slot yourself into the game as an anti-Nazi German spying on Jaddis and reporting her actions to the allies while you work for the liberation of Germany from the Nazis. We know very well not all German were either dupes or villains.
Treason may have been justified under the circumstances, but it may leave an overly bad taste in the mouth for an RPG, for some players. Why not make Kitsune a patriotic Abwehr agent trying to find out just who those SS goons are attempting to cooperate with and reporting to Admiral Canaris? Sure Canaris was reporting to the Allies but that's farther up the totem pole.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #35
Kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor
Welcome back, Kitsune.
Thank you and likewise, Jason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer
Why you....*Bristle*

[...]

Yeah, I could picture myself working as anti-Nazi German to help the Rooseveltian America or the Churchillian Britain to liberate my country (funnily those guys never said that they wanted something like a regime change, both made it quite clear that Germany ought to be totally crushed).

Or perhaps I get annoyed by the leaks about the Morgenthau plan in the American newpapers of late 44 and decide to help Stalin's Sovietunion to liberate Germany instead? Maybe I help his minions to kill, deport or drive off some East Prussians or lay the foundation for the Iron Curtain while I am at it?

Or maybe I do turn to Jadis the White Witch to save my country and nation from destruction, humiliation and from being split into parts. Maybe she even turns me into a superaryan, who knows? And if everything else fails I could still try to convince her to speak the "deplorable word" once more and be done with it. Wouldn't that be a most fitting end for the whole campaign? Harharhar...(sardonical laugh)
Old 05-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #36
samd6

It seems to me that this is a good set up for "The magic Came back" kind of campaign, especially if (borrowing from 7th sea) each country or group of countries has their own magic style. Honestly, the whole internal German politics thing is less interesting to me than how the magic would work.

Unless OP plans on having the PC's take a division or two back through the wardrobe, having Jadis stick around is probably a bad idea.
samd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #37
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post

Why you....*Bristle*
Hey, I was slotting you in as a brave hero and a crushing retort to those who equaled Germans with Nazis.

Quote:

[...]

Yeah, I could picture myself working as anti-Nazi German to help the Rooseveltian America or the Churchillian Britain to liberate my country (funnily those guys never said that they wanted something like a regime change, both made it quite clear that Germany ought to be totally crushed).

Or perhaps I get annoyed by the leaks about the Morgenthau plan in the American newpapers of late 44 and decide to help Stalin's Sovietunion to liberate Germany instead? Maybe I help his minions to kill, deport or drive off some East Prussians or lay the foundation for the Iron Curtain while I am at it?

Or maybe I do turn to Jadis the White Witch to save my country and nation from destruction, humiliation and from being split into parts. Maybe she even turns me into a superaryan, who knows? And if everything else fails I could still try to convince her to speak the "deplorable word" once more and be done with it. Wouldn't that be a most fitting end for the whole campaign? Harharhar...(sardonical laugh)
Or maybe you steal Jaddis' secrets and use the magic to noble and generous ends? Power, in the end, is amoral, we are not. Take the wicked witch's secrets and fight for justice. I'm giving the Allies Morgan Le Fay as a mentor. She'd certainly understand a strong woman determined to go her own way and prove she smarter and more honnorable than the men.

Ancora Imparo
Old 05-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #38
quarkstomper

Hm... maybe we're thinking about this the wrong way. Why does the White Witch have to ally with Hitler anyway? As Queen Jadis, she appeared briefly in London once before. She expected everyone to bow before her. It didn't work. Maybe she's learned to be a bit more subtle.

She goes to Churchill; shows him what she can accomplish with her magic. This is Britain's Darkest Hour and he's willing to deal.

How would it play out? I'll have to think about that. But it would be interesting.
quarkstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #39
Astromancer

Hey Kitsune Morganthau's plan was rejected by the American people as soon as they heard of it. Why is America to be blamed for a crime we never commited 68 years after the idea was rejected?

Ancora Imparo
Old 05-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #40
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkstomper View Post
Hm... maybe we're thinking about this the wrong way. Why does the White Witch have to ally with Hitler anyway? As Queen Jadis, she appeared briefly in London once before. She expected everyone to bow before her. It didn't work. Maybe she's learned to be a bit more subtle.

She goes to Churchill; shows him what she can accomplish with her magic. This is Britain's Darkest Hour and he's willing to deal.

How would it play out? I'll have to think about that. But it would be interesting.
Churchill had many faults but he was much more perceptive than Jaddis would be able to account for. As soon as Sir Winston knew how nasty/dangerous she was, he have her killed. And he would get it done.

Ancora Imparo

Tags
aslan, narnia, nazis, world war ii, wwii